These potatoes can double as a main dish or a side dish. They are so simple to throw together and are full of cheesy chicken flavor.
We have served this for dinner (we added a little extra chicken to make it more filling), and everyone in the family gobbled it right up, including the picky eaters. You could also serve this as a side dish.
Either way, it’s a simple and delicious meal the whole family will love, and it’s super easy to throw together on those busy nights.
would any kind of potatoes work for this recipe?
For this recipe, we used yellow potatoes. I feel like they have a little bit more moisture to them, so they don’t cook as dry, as other potatoes.
However, you could easily use any potatoes you have on hand. You also don’t have to peel them. I love potato skins, but you could easily keep all the skins on, or peel them as desired.
You could use red potatoes, russet potatoes, potato fingerlings, sweet potatoes, or any other potato you have on hand.
could i use a different cheese than MOZZARELLA cheese?
For this recipe, we used Mozzarella cheese. it tastes amazing with the chicken and potatoes, buy you could easily switch up the cheese, and use whatever you have on hand.
Here are a few other cheese options that would taste delicious with this recipe:
- Swiss Cheese
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Parmesan Cheese (I like the freshly grated)
- Marbled Cheddar Cheese
- Provolone Cheese
Really any cheese you have would work great with this recipe. We defiantly recommend the Mozzarella cheese, but any cheese would work great.
watch how to make another delicious chicken dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love Chinese food, but I love staying home in my sweatpants even more. This Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken is the perfect main dish and chicken dinner for busy nights, or nights you want to stay in. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
looking for more chicken recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Copycat PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Mom’s Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Cordon Bleu Potatoes Recipe
- 12 small golden potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cooked ham diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- Wash and slice yellow potatoes and boil them for about 7 to 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat. Then add in the flour and stir with a whisk until well blended. Then add in milk and continue stirring with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Then stir in onion powder, garlic salt, and salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch square baking dish. Cover bottom of pan lightly with about 1/4 cup of the sauce. Spread half of the sliced potatoes in the pan. Then spread half of the sliced potatoes in pan. Top with half of the ham and half of the chicken. Pour half of the sauce and then top with about 1/2 cup of cheese. Then repeat layers starting with potatoes, ham, chicken, sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake in 375 oven for 25 to 30 minutes until heated through. Then top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and cook for a few more minutes until cheese is melted.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!