Pizza night just got a quick, tasty makeover with this super simple Chicken Cordon Bleu inspired French Bread Pizza.
With a handful of ingredients, you can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes.
The Mozzarella and Swiss cheeses pair perfectly with Alfredo sauce, breaded chicken, and ham.
It tastes great fresh out of the oven, but makes a great next-day lunch, too.
Try our Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu – it’s the easiest crock pot recipe you’ll ever make!
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
Quick and Easy Pizza
We LOVE making french bread pizza because it is SO fast to throw together, and it’s not complicated at all. No dough needs to rise, no dealing with yeast – just dinner on the table in under 20 minutes.
You only need a few ingredients to make this chicken cordon bleu version:
- Alfredo sauce (if you want a homemade version, try this recipe)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Swiss Cheese (for a more “cordon bleu” flavor)
- Cooked Chicken (we used pre-cooked chicken strips, but you could also use rotisserie chicken or chicken leftovers)
- Diced Ham (this is also a good use for ham leftovers)
- Bacon Bits (you can use the store bought pre-made kind, or crumble your own bacon pieces)
- Green onions (these are totally optional and we usually leave them off the kids’ half of the pizza)
- French Bread
You can always use store bought french bread (which is what we usually go with!), but this pizza tastes even better with homemade french bread. Our homemade french bread recipe is SO EASY and it makes two loaves (so you can freeze one for later).
It makes a great meal to double and take to a neighbor or friend who needs it, too. Camille brought me this french bread pizza after I had my son and it was one of my favorite things!
More copycat recipes
Have you heard about our cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
How to make french bread pizza not soggy
Feel like every time you make french bread pizza it turns out soggy? Try adding a layer of toppings BEFORE you add your sauce.
In this case, we’d recommend adding the shredded Swiss cheese first, then topping it with Alfredo sauce, and then adding the remaining ingredients on top. It creates a little barrier to help the bread from getting so “soggy.”
What to serve with French bread pizza:
Don’t know what side dishes pair well with pizza? Try these:
- A big fruit salad (we like our creamy yogurt fruit salad or our fresh fruit salad with citrus glaze)
- Green salad (try a classic like our Homemade Caesar Salad)
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Broccoli Salad
- Pasta Salad
Related recipe: Love Chicken Cordon Bleu? You’ll love our Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Recipe!
MORE French Bread Pizza Recipes
Chicken Cordon Bleu French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (or homemade Alfredo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups cooked breaded chicken (diced)
- ½ cup cooked ham (diced)
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut loaf of French bread lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet (I just used a cookie sheet). Spread alfredo sauce evenly over bread (as much or as little as you like). Sprinkle garlic salt and Italian seasoning on top of sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, swiss cheese, cooked chicken pieces, ham, bacon bits and green onions.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Large Baking Sheet
This post was included in our 30 Minute Chicken Recipes video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We share many DELICIOUS RECIPES!!!