With the holidays in full swing it is nice to have a tasty freezer meal you can pull out, and this ravioli casserole recipe can be made fresh or frozen! Aka the perfect meal.
It is also a great recipe to make a double batch and then you can do both fresh and frozen meals at the same time! Honestly it is one of my favorites for that reason. We all have those nights where dinner is not happening if I have to actually make it, and that is when this recipe comes in clutch.
This is even a perfect meal for when you and your spouse want a date night and you can just pull it out for the babysitter to pop in the oven and know your kids will eat well with no complaints!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Ravioli Casserole Recipe:
- Pasta sauce
- Frozen cheese ravioli
- Cottage cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make Our Ravioli Casserole Recipe:
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce.
Once the pasta sauce is spread out, arrange half of the frozen ravioli over top, covering the whole bottom of the 9×13 inch pan.
Then spread about 1 more cup of sauce on top of the frozen ravioli, along with 1 cup of cottage cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat each of those layers, starting with the ravioli, pasta sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
Now top it all off with the Parmesan cheese.
Once all of the layers are complete, place the baking pan in the oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
To freeze this recipe, stop after building the layers in a freezer-safe container and then place the lid on and store it for up to 30 days in the freezer.
When you are ready to make it, allow the casserole to thaw for an hour before baking it.
Then bake the casserole at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
To Make This Ravioli Casserole You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch baking pan (THIS is a great one to use!)
Substitutes for Cottage Cheese
I know cottage cheese is not everyone’s cup of tea, but we love it and it tastes delicious in this recipe. However, there are other substitutes you can use in place of cottage cheese.
The Chef’s Pencil has a great list of 8 cottage cheese substitutes you can check out and see which you’d like to use in place of the cottage cheese in this recipe.
Ricotta cheese would be my next favorite choice, what is yours?
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Save These Frozen Ravioli Recipes To Make Next!
- 5-Ingredient Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Ravioli and Cheese Bake
- Cheesy Ravioli Bake Recipe
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ravioli Casserole
Ravioli Casserole Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- 3 ½ cups pasta sauce divided
- 25 ounces cheese ravioli frozen
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce in ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Arrange ½ of the frozen ravioli over pasta sauce, covering the bottom of the pan.
- Top with ½ of the remaining pasta sauce, 1 cup of cottage cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers again starting with ravioli.
- Top with parmesan cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
- To make into a freezer meal, assemble casserole as directed above in freezable container. Secure with lid and freeze for up to 30 days. Thaw for one hour before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
This post was included in our 10 of the Easiest One Pot Meals Video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!