I have found that if I can roll dinner up in a crescent form, my kids will eat it.
However, that means that my husband and I have to eat it too, so it’s difficult to find something that will please both the picky-eater kids and the advanced-palate parents (ha ha! Okay, so we really don’t have an advanced palate. I still really love macaroni and cheese from a box).
Anyway, these roll-ups were so easy to make and everyone in the family loved them.
My kids dipped them in ketchup (they love ketchup with their ketchup) and my husband and I dipped them in honey mustard sauce.
what sauce could i dip these in?
We are total sauce people at our house. I love dipping really any food into sauce. It just adds so much flavor, and I don’t love dry food.
If you are looking to dip these, here are a few recommendations:
- Honey Mustard Sauce (I may be biased, but this one is my favorite, for this recipe. So yummy.)
- Ketchup (this is one my kids love, I’ll be honest, I’m not sold on it yet).
- Barbecue Sauce (this one is a close second to honey mustard).
- Buffalo Ranch
- Teriyaki or Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Fry Sauce
Really, any sauce you love, will probably be delicious with these, those are just my favorites to use. You also do not have to, or even need to dip them. They are flavorful as is, I am just a big big sauce fan.
Related recipe: Love cordon bleu? You’ll love our Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe!
watch how to make another DELICIOUS chicken recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good easy dinner recipe, but this Orange Chicken you can make in the instant pot, takes the cake. Toss it all together, and dinner is ready in just a few quick minutes. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
looking for more roll-up recipes? try our favorites:
- Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
- Cheesy Pizza Roll
- Chicken Ranch Roll-Ups
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Roll-Ups
- Ham and Pineapple Roll-Ups
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll-Ups Recipe
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 slices swiss cheese
- 16 slices deli ham thinly sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. On each roll, place a piece of Swiss cheese, slice of ham, and a tablespoon or two of cooked shredded chicken.
- Roll the crescent around the cheese and meat and place on a large cookie sheet (or other baking pan - mine was a 15 x 10 x 1 inch cookie sheet).
- Once you have rolled up all the roll-ups, use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the rolls with the beaten egg (you could also use melted butter if you prefer). Sprinkle the tops of the rolls with the bread crumbs.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and cook for 13-16 minutes, or until the rolls are golden and full cooked.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!