You will enjoy this creamy chicken lasagna recipe, maybe even more than traditional lasagna!
It is easily one of my favorite easy chicken casserole dishes.
This creamy chicken lasagna with cream cheese is so deliciously savory. It is paired with spaghetti sauce so not too sweet but the perfect amount of sweet and savory and of course lasagna noodles! The perfect pair!
Enjoy this dinner by preparing it ahead of time or as leftovers or even frozen for later! Either way it will likely become a favorite family dinner requested in your house.
When you decide to make and enjoy this creamy chicken lasagna, try preparing it with our slow cooker roasted vegetables, easy cheesy garlic bread, and do not forget the 5 minute strawberry jello salad!
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Uncooked lasagna noodles
- Chicken bouillon
- Hot water
- Cream cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti sauce
- Italian seasoning
How To Make This Creamy Chicken Lasanga Recipe:
Get out a large pot and bring water to a boil.
Once the water is boiling add in the lasagna noodles and cook them for 8-10 minutes until they are tender.
Then drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water and then set the noodles aside.
Now in a medium saucepan boil the chicken in water for 20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
Next remove the chicken from the pan and shred it with two forks.
When you are done shredding the chicken, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in hot water.
Then in a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, chicken bouillon water, cream cheese, and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and stir it all together.
Now in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan, evenly spread out ⅓ of the spaghetti sauce.
Then put half of the shredded chicken mixture over top of the spaghetti sauce and then top it with 3 lasagna noodles.
On top of the noodles, spread more ⅓ spaghetti sauce, the other half of the chicken mixture, and then top the creamy chicken layer with 3 more lasagna noodles.
After the last layer, spread the remaining spaghetti sauce over top and sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella and Italian seasoning to taste.
Place the pan in the oven uncovered and bake the chicken lasagna for 45 minutes or until the sauce and cheese are nice and bubbly.
To Make This Easy Chicken Casserole You Will Need:
- Large pot
- Medium saucepan
- Small bowl (THESE work perfectly!)
- Large bowl
- 9×13 inch pan
How to Avoid Mushy and Twisted Lasagna Noodles
Lasagna can be a little intimidating to make, but it does not have to be! As long as you follow the steps to this easy chicken casserole, you will have a wonderful dinner.
However, if you want to make sure you make the best lasagna possible, take a look at Bon Appetit’s list of common mistakes with lasagna noodles. This will help you put your best foot forward.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Step Up Your Lasagna Game With These Amazing Recipes!
- Easy 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
- Ground Turkey Lasagna Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Lazy Lasagna Recipe
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup hot water
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce 1 jar
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8-10 minutes, drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Place chicken in a saucepan and boil for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from saucepan and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in hot water.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bouillon water, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with the chicken mixture and top with 3 lasagna noodles. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning , to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- large pot
- Large Bowl
- 9×13" Baking Dish
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews