I don’t know why, but I just can’t make rolls to save my life. Remember the Easy Homemade Rolls that Elyse shared a couple of months ago . . . yeah, I totally burned them. They were more like hockey pucks than rolls. I saw this recipe for 30 minute rolls and decided that I would just try them . . . I loved that they didn’t take forever and didn’t have to rise for hours on end. And guess what? SUCCESS! My first batch of good-tasting, perfectly cooked rolls! I am so proud. And the really did only take about 30 minutes from start to finish!! Try them out for yourself!
30 minutes from start to finish! These rolls are seriously the easiest bread recipe that I have ever made!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast (yes, you read that right! 2 tablespoons!)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, oil, yeast and sugar; let rest for 5-10 minutes or until frothy and bubbly (you can also make this recipe without a stand mixer - just use a big bowl, a large wooden spoon, and all your arm strength!). :)
- With a dough hook, mix in salt, egg and 2 cups of flour until combined. Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time (dough will be sticky). Spray your hands with cooking spray and shape the dough into 12 balls.
- After shaped, place on lightly greased cookie sheet and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake for about 10 minutes or until tops are lightly golden.
- You can also use this same dough for cinnamon rolls!
(adapted from: Real Mom Kitchen)
Items needed for recipe:
We are so excited to announce the release of our new eCookbook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.