I don’t know why, but I just can’t make rolls to save my life. Remember the Easy Homemade Rolls that Elyse shared a couple of months ago . . . yeah, I totally burned them. They were more like hockey pucks than rolls. I saw this recipe for 30 minute rolls and decided that I would just try them . . . I loved that they didn’t take forever and didn’t have to rise for hours on end. And guess what? SUCCESS! My first batch of good-tasting, perfectly cooked rolls! I am so proud. And the really did only take about 30 minutes from start to finish!! Try them out for yourself!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast (yes, you read that right! 2 tablespoons!)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, oil, yeast and sugar; let rest for 5-10 minutes or until frothy and bubbly (you can also make this recipe without a stand mixer - just use a big bowl, a large wooden spoon, and all your arm strength!). :)
- With a dough hook, mix in salt, egg and 2 cups of flour until combined. Add remaining flour ½ cup at a time (dough will be sticky). Spray your hands with cooking spray and shape the dough into 12 balls.
- After shaped, place on lightly greased cookie sheet and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake for about 10 minutes or until tops are lightly golden.
- You can also use this same dough for cinnamon rolls!
(adapted from: Real Mom Kitchen)
Items needed for recipe:
We are so excited to announce the release of our new eCookbook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.