My absolute favorite side dish at Thanksgiving is our Homemade Corn Bread Dressing Recipe (or stuffing).
Forget the turkey, I head straight for the dressing!
Usually, most dressings are made with white bread, but this dressing is a little different.
I love the flavor that the corn bread gives this dressing.
It will definitely be on our Thanksgiving menu this year.
Ingredients needed for Homemade Corn Bread Dressing:
- Cornbread Mix
- chicken stock (or broth)
- dried sage
- salt and pepper
How to make Homemade Corn Bread Dressing:
This Homemade Corn Bread Dressing will be the star of your holiday dinner.
Sweet, crumbled corn bread soaks up all the seasonings and flavor so every bite is out of this world.
Step 1: Start by preparing a 16 ounce package of corn bread according to the package directions. I followed the directions to make my corn bread in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
Step 2: After your corn bread has cooked and cooled, crumble it up into pieces and set it aside.
Step 3: Add some butter to a large skillet over medium heat and saute celery and onion for a few minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
Step 4: In a large bowl, mix together the sauteed vegetables, crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and some salt and pepper. Carefully fold everything together until well combined.
Step 5: Spread dressing mixture in a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 6: Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes, or until it is cooked through. You don’t want your Homemade Corn Bread Dressing to be undercooked, so be sure the center of it is set up when you take it out of the oven.
Look how light and fluffy that Homemade Corn Bread Dressing is!
Overall, this dish is going to be a hit at your dinner, but in case you need other side dish ideas, we have a few for you!
The best Thanksgiving side dish recipes (besides Homemade Corn Bread Stuffing):
- Grandma’s Easy Thanksgiving Dressing
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- The BEST Candied Yams without Corn Syrup
- Green Bean Casserole
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- How To Make Turkey Gravy From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Fluffy Cranberry Salad
Homemade Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
- 16 ounces Corn Bread Mix
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Let cool and crumble into bite size pieces.
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium heat and saute the celery and onion for a few minutes until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine celery, onion, crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture in a 9×13 inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and center is set.
- Large Bowl
- Large Skillet
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
Getting thirsty thinking about all the good Thanksgiving dishes? This Cranberry Citrus Party Punch is the BEST non-alcoholic drink for the holidays!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered. With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.