This simple pumpkin pie recipe is my go to during the holidays.
The recipe originally came from a can of sweetened condensed milk and we have modified and tweaked it to make it the recipe that it is today.
Ingredients in this simple pumpkin pie:
- unbaked pie crust
- pumpkin puree
- sweetened condensed milk
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
How to make a simple pumpkin pie:
Pumpkin pie can be intimidating, especially if it’s for your guests.
Follow these easy instructions and you will have no problem with this pumpkin pie.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: If you are making your own crust, place it in the pan. If you are in a time crunch or too intimidated to make your own pie crust, you can use a premed pie crust that you get in the freezer section.
If you need a step by step tutorial on how to make pie crust, check out our Fresh Peach Pie recipe for help.
Step 3: In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together. You could do this with a whisk or a hand mixer.
Step 4: Pour pumpkin filling into prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes.
Step 5: Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (leaving the pie in there) and continue to bake pie for 35-40 more minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Step 6: To keep edges of the pie crust from burning, wrap the crust with some aluminum foil about half way through baking time and leave it on until the pie is finished baking.
Step 7: Remove pie from oven and let cool. Top with whipped cream and serve. We also love to serve our pumpkin pie with a little vanilla ice cream as well.
If you love easy homemade pie recipes, try our Easy Pecan Pie! You can make this delicious pie in less than an hour!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? It’s full of delicious and easy, step by step recipes, your family is going to love. Watch how to make this Simple Pumpkin Pie Recipe here:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Gobble Til You Wobble With The Tasty Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Crescents Recipe
- Au Gratin Cheesy Potato Bake Recipe
- Green Beans with Candied Pecans Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham Recipe
Simple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9-inch)
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread unbaked pie crust into a pie pan or use a pre-made crust.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together.
- Pour pumpkin filling into prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake pie (leave it in there while the temperature drops) for 35-40 more minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. To keep edges of the pie crust from burning, wrap the crust with some aluminum foil about half way through baking time and leave it on until the pie is finished baking.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by combining 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Combine all the spices and store in an air-tight container.
- The edges of the pie crust may burn, so to prevent that wrap the crust with some aluminum foil about half way through baking time and leave it on until the pie is finished baking.
- pie pan
- Large Mixing Bowl