I love all pumpkin desserts, but this Pumpkin Dump Cake is definitely one of my favorites.
Not only is it so simple to make, but it tastes incredible!
We will serve this at our big Thanksgiving family dinner and it’s always the first dessert that disappears. Everyone loves it!
What is a dump cake?
A dump cake is a quick, go-to dessert and an easy way to please a crowd.
You literally dump the ingredients in the pan and stick it in the oven.
No need to prepare the cake mix—just dump the powder right on top!
Dump cake are often made with canned fruit, a cake mix and butter.
This version uses pumpkin and other fall flavors.
Related Article: Love dump cakes as much as we do? Give this Apple Cider Dump Cake a try!
Substitutions in Pumpkin Dump Cake:
- Spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix
- Crushed Butterfingers candy bar on top instead of toffee
- Cinnamon sugar graham crackers instead of plain graham crackers
- Walnuts or any favorite nut instead of pecans (also consider adding nuts to the pumpkin mixture)
- Add chocolate chips on top or in between the layers
- Top with vanilla ice cream
- You can also try making your own pumpkin puree – get the instructions here.
Related article: Love easy dump cake recipes? Try our 4-Ingredient Peach Cobbler Dump Cake.
How to store Pumpkin Dump Cake:
While we love to eat this dump cake hot, you can also eat it cold.
Save it covered, in the fridge for up to two days.
Reheat single servings in the microwave using 30 second increments.