If you have tried Disneyland’s Sweet Cornbread Recipe, you are going to love this, it is spot on.
Disneyland is notorious for having some of the best food. But seriously, one of my favorite parts of the whole Disney experience is the smells you smell as you walk around the park.
Because this smell has been engraved into my head, I remember it so clearly. Many years ago, my family ate at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ (over in Frontierland) and I recently learned that the restaurant closed a couple of weeks ago to make room for the new Star Wars attractions coming in. I was heartbroken!
Because of this, I knew I needed to find a solution. I am a big BBQ fan and this restaurant did not disappoint! As a result, I found this recipe online for the restaurant’s sweet cornbread and knew that I had to make it.
It turns out, it was identical to the Disneyland recipe. This cornbread takes cornbread to a whole new level!! Most cornbread is super gritty from the corn (which is still yummy), but this cornbread has a really smooth texture and is almost cake-like . . . (bonus: there is a cake mix in the recipe!).
Disneyland’s Sweet Cornbread Recipe was a huge hit with my family and is the perfect compliment to any BBQ dinner or even chili. Who knows if the restaurant really made their cornbread with a cake mix, but hey . . . it tastes too good to really care! 😉
Although the famous Disneyland restaurant is now closed, thankfully we can still enjoy this yummy cornbread!
Ingredients Needed for Disneyland’s Sweet Cornbread recipe:
- Yellow cake mix
- Jiffy corn muffin mixes
- Ingredients called for on the back of the corn muffin mixes
- Ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Looking for more Disneyland Copycat Recipes like this Sweet Cornbread Recipe?
We love anything and everything Disney! We have a ton of copycat restaurants, so here are a few of our most favorite:
- Copycat Disney Tigger Tails
- Copycat Disneyland Churro Funnel Cake Recipe
- Homemade Disneyland Dole Whips
- Disneyland S’mores Bake
- Disneyland Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Disneyland’s Sweet Cornbread Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 8.5 ounces Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, dump in all three boxes of dry mixes (the 1 cake mix and the 2 corn muffin mixes). Add in the ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix box (usually 3 eggs, water, and oil). Now add in the ingredients called for on the back of each corn muffin mix (usually 1/2 cup milk and 1 egg per box).
- Mix all the ingredients together until completely combined (but try not to over-mix). Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center of the cake mix comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter and honey.
- Ingredients on the boxes will also be needed to make this recipe.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
Recipe adapted from The Disney Chef
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.