Our Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is super simple to make and is the perfect creamy dippable soup.
We love soup, especially during these colder months, and sometimes even after.
This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is the best soup recipe!
What should I serve with soup?
Bread is always the first thing I think of. A few of my favorites to pair with soup are our Easy Homemade French Bread Recipe, Whole Wheat Bread, or sometimes even our delicious and Easy Homemade Naan Bread Recipe!
Related Recipe: You will also want to try our delicious Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup. It’s one of our favorites.
Take a look below to find everything you will need for this simply delightful Instant Pot recipe:
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe dish ingredients:
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Uncooked brown rice
- Chicken breasts tenderloins
- Large carrots
- Celery stalks
- Frozen corn kernels
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Poultry seasoning (like THIS kind)
- Dried thyme
- Ground pepper
- Half and Half
- Frozen peas
While you will probably find most of these ingredients in your pantry, poultry seasoning might be one that you could be missing. If that is the case, take a look at this recipe from Allrecipes.com to make your own homemade poultry seasoning!
Easy dinner recipe kitchen necessities:
- Instant Pot
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon (THIS is one of my favorites)
So Many Instant Pots To Choose From! Help!
I know there are so many different versions and sizes of the Instant Pot now that it can make it hard to choose “the right one”.
Well, I’d have to say that you will not go wrong with any of them! But, I have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer. It is awesome!
How to make Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
To begin this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe, get out your Instant Pot, and plug it in!
Then, pour the chicken broth and brown rice into the inner pot and mix them together.
Cut up the chicken tenderloins into bite-sized pieces and add it to the broth mixture.
Then add the diced onion, sliced carrots, sliced celery, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, thyme, salt, and ground black pepper.
Once all of that has been added, place the lid on and turn it, making sure it locks into position.
After the Instant Pot lid is in it’s proper position, turn the valve to the SEALING position and then press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 18 minutes.
When the cooking time is over, let the Instant Pot naturally release some pressure for 10 more minutes (this allows for the necessary additional cooking time as the pressure gradually reduces).
After the additional 10 minutes, turn the valve to the VENTING position to release the remaining pressure from the inner pot.
Remove the lid once all of the pressure has escaped.
In a small mixing bowl, combine together the half and half and cornstarch.
When the half and half mixture is completely combined, add it into the Instant Pot along with the peas and stir everything together.
Then, press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and allow it to cook the soup with the cream mixture, while stirring the soup constantly.
Cook the soup until it has thickened up and is bubbly. This should take about 2-3 minutes then is perfect and ready to serve with your favorite bread for dipping!
Easy Dump and Go Recipes like this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup recipe!
Did you know we have a YouTube channel?
We have amazing family recipes that will make life simple during the week when it comes to mealtime.
More of our favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob (Pressure Cooker Recipe)
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot BBQ Country Ribs Recipe
- Instant Pot Three Bean Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels frozen
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- Place inner pot inside your Instant Pot.
- Mix together broth and rice inside pot.
- Add in chicken, onion, carrot, celery, corn, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, thyme, salt and pepper. Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL (or Pressure Cook). Set the time for 18 minutes.
- When cooking ends, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then carefully turn the valve to VENTING to release the rest of the pressure. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl, mix half-and-half and cornstarch together. Add mixture to pot along with peas, and stir.
- Select SAUTE function and continue to cook soup, stirring constantly. Let the soup cook until it's thickened and bubbly (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Pressure Cooker
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
Have you heard about our restaurant cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!