No matter what I do, I just have never had a successful batch of rolls. They burn, they’re flat, they rise too much, they don’t rise enough . . .
I think that part of the problem is that I’m not patient enough. I hate that bread takes all day long and it’s constantly rising and then you knead it down, then let it rise again and then knead it down . . . and on and on and on. I keep busy enough with the kids, let alone tend to my bread dough eight times (okay, okay, I know that I am totally exaggerating . . . but really though . . .).
Somehow, the rolls that I made always end up like hard-as-rocks hockey pucks.
So, I decided to try this recipe that said it required no kneading. It had crazy high reviews and people who had roll problems like me claimed that this recipe was their saving grace.
I am happy to report that it worked!! My rolls were light and fluffy, they were perfectly browned, and my house smelled delicious. I felt like a true domestic goddess when my husband came home to these warm rolls and slow cooker beef stew. Trust me- if I could make these rolls, you could probably make them blindfolded. 🙂
No-Knead Honey Wheat Rolls Recipe
- .25 ounces active dry yeast 1 package
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water (about 110 degrees) and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat on low speed in a stand mixer or mix by hand for about 3 minutes (the dough will be sticky). Do not knead.
- Cover with a clean dish cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Punch the dough down.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and fill each muffin tin half full with dough. Cover and let rise for about 15-20 minutes (they should almost double in size during that time).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a minute and then move to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Large Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Muffin Tin