If you are looking for an easy homemade rolls recipe, this no knead honey wheat dinner recipe is the one you need. It is such an easy bread recipe that you can whip up to serve with dinner and enjoy the taste of freshness.
Our no knead honey wheat dinner roll recipe is great when you’re in a pinch but you are looking for a quick whole wheat rolls recipe to go with your next meal. And to be honest, these rolls are so good, whoever you serve them to will probably think you worked super hard on them.
I recently bought a new sign for my kitchen that reads “I just love carbs” and it’s so true. I always feel like I need some sort of roll or bread with my dinner.
Well with this recipe you can either make these rolls ahead knowing you will want them, or throw them together last minute. Either way, they are going to taste amazing.
If you love carbs like me, then you are going to want to try our Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe, 30 Minute Homemade Rolls Recipe, and definitely don’t miss out on our Easy Homemade Rolls Recipe. They are all delicious in their own way, so be sure to make them all.
Ingredients You Need to Make No Knead Honey Wheat Dinner Roll Recipe:
- Active dry yeast
- All-purpose flour
- Whole wheat flour
How To Make No Knead Honey Wheat Dinner Roll Recipe:
Begin by placing the packet of active dry yeast in a large bowl with the warm water, mix it together and let it for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
Note: The ideal temperature for the water is about 110 degrees. You don’t want it too warm or it will kill the yeast.
After the mixture is frothy, add in the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, honey, butter, and salt.
Mix everything together in a stand mixer for about 3 minutes or until everything is combined, but do not knead the mixture.
Now place a clean dish cloth over top of the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place (I like to use a warm oven) until it has doubled in size.
This should take about 30 minutes or so.
Once the dough has doubled, punch it down to release the air that has built up, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Then, get out your muffin tin, spray it with nonstick cooking spray, and fill each of the tins half the way with the bread dough.
Cover the muffin tin with your clean towel and let the dough rise one more time for about 15-20 minutes or until they are about doubled in size.
Then you will need to place the muffin tin in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they become a nice golden brown color.
Allow the rolls to cook in the muffin tin for a minute and then move them to a wire rack.
Then serve them warm with some butter (yumm!) and enjoy!
To Make this Make-Ahead Rolls Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Stand mixer (I love my KitchenAid mixer)
- Clean kitchen towel
- Muffin tin
- Nonstick cooking spray
What if I Don’t Have Whole Wheat Flour?
While the whole wheat flour is how this recipe gets part of its name, it does not mean you can’t make this recipe if you don’t have it.
I would suggest just using all all-purpose flour in place of the whole wheat flour. No need to change the amount of flour, it would be a 1 for 1 exchange.
Why isn’t My Dough Rising?
It can be super crusting when you’ve put in the work to make your bread and for some reason it is not rising like it should be. There can be a few reasons for this.
Taste of Home has a great article going over why your bread is not rising. Look it over to see if any of their ideas might be why your bread dough is not responding properly and see what they say to do to fix it.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Load Up on Your Carbs this Holiday Season with all of Our Delicious Rolls Recipes:
- Homemade Lion House Rolls Recipe (and Honey Butter)
- 30 Minute Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Skillet Rolls
- 3 Ingredient Easy Parmesan Rolls Recipe
- How to Make Instant Pot Rolls
- Easy Parmesan Crescent Rolls
- Parkerhouse Rolls
- Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Rolls
- Easy Homemade Rolls
Enjoy Dipping These Scrumptious Rolls in Soups like These:
- Chicken and Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- EASY Instant Pot Seven Can Tortilla Soup Recipe (Perfect for Beginners)
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- Black Bean Taco Soup Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- Slow Cooker Beef Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Creamy Ground Beef and Macaroni Tomato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Cafe Zupas Copycat) Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Sausage Ravioli Soup Recipe
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
No Knead Honey Wheat Dinner Roll Recipe
- .25 ounces active dry yeast 1 package
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water (about 110 degrees) and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat on low speed in a stand mixer or mix by hand for about 3 minutes (the dough will be sticky). Do not knead.
- Cover with a clean dish cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Punch the dough down.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and fill each muffin tin half full with dough. Cover and let rise for about 15-20 minutes (they should almost double in size during that time).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a minute and then move to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Large Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Muffin Tin
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.