You’ve just found the best appetizer recipe – our parmesan spinach stuffed mushroom recipe. It is such a great recipe to make for a Thanksgiving appetizer that is tender and filled with delicious cheesy goodness.
If you are looking for another great appetizer to serve at your next get together, our parmesan spinach stuffed mushroom recipe. They are filled with so much flavor and will be sure to please a crowd and be gone before you know it.
These aren’t your traditional stuffed mushrooms, they are even better. Besides being a budget-friendly appetizer, it is an easy stuffed mushroom recipe that has delicious stuffing overflowing with a tasty cheesy spinach mix.
Even those that might not love mushrooms will want to give these a try because of the great flavor that is bursting from inside the mushroom top.
For even more amazing appetizer recipes Thanksgiving Turkey Vegetable Tray Recipe and Homemade Ranch Dip, Caramel Apple Jello Salad Recipe, and you can never go wrong with our Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs Recipe.
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
- Hot water
- Chicken stuffing mix
- Fresh mushroom whole
- Minced garlic
- Chopped spinach
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Our Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
When you are ready to get started, start by mixing together the hot water and the chicken stuffing mix until all the stuffing is mixed in and then set it aside.
Now, cut off the stems from the mushrooms and dice them up.
Then in a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Once the butter is completely melted, add in the chopped mushroom stems and minced garlic and let it all cook together for about 5 minutes or until the stamps are tender.
When those are done cooking add in the stuffing mix, chopped spinach, and cheese and mix it all together.
Next, you will take the stuffing cheese mix and spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and then place them on a cookie sheet with the filled side up.
Place the cookie sheet into the preheated oven and let the mushroom caps bake for 30 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated all the way through.
Now just serve and enjoy!
To Make this Stuffed Mushroom Recipe You Will Need:
- Medium bowl
- Medium skillet
- Cookie sheet pan (THESE are great!)
What is the Best Cheese for Stuffed Mushrooms?
The best cheese is more of a personal preference, however, we do love to use shredded mozzarella cheese for this recipe. It melts beautifully allowing it to mix well with the other ingredients creating a delicious creamy bite.
What are Stuffed Mushrooms Made of?
These stuffed mushrooms are made with a stuffing mix at the base, which is super tasty and adds a lot of flavor. If you want you can also use rice or quinoa to stuff into the mushroom caps.
Another great option is using a meat base such as ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken if you want to bump up the protein.
Do You Wash Mushrooms Before Stuffing them?
While this might think this is a strange question since generally you wash most fruits and vegetables before you cook with them.
However, not with mushrooms. Since they are natural sponges it is not ideal to wash mushrooms because they will absorb the water and create a mushy appetizer.
Bon Appetit has the best way to clean mushrooms that you should check out if you want to know a great way to keep your mushrooms from getting loaded with water before cooking them.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Give These Appetizers a Try This Holiday Season:
- Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Sweet Polynesian Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
- 30 Minute Chicken Taco Roll Ups Recipe Rolls Recipe
- Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Loaded Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Baked Southwest Egg Rolls Recipe
- Barbecue Chicken Calzones Recipe
- Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
Desserts to Serve This Holiday!
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze Recipe
- Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Roll Bars Recipe
- Carmelitas Recipe
- Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
- The Best Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake Recipe
- Taco Time Copycat Pumpkin Empanada Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Buckeye Brownies Recipe
Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 6 ounces chicken stuffing mix
- 2 pounds fresh mushroom whole
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add hot water and stuffing mix together. Stir until moistened. Set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop stems. Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Then add to the stuffing mixture along with the spinach and cheeses. Mix well. Spoon into the mushroom caps. Place them filled side up on a cookie sheet or shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.
- The best cheese is more of a personal preference, however, we do love to use shredded mozzarella cheese for this recipe. It melts beautifully allowing it to mix well with the other ingredients creating a delicious creamy bite.
- Baking Sheet
- Medium Mixing Bowl
Adapted from: Kraft Recipes
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
The Hartungs Blog