Nothing beats a tasty pumpkin treat in the Fall! I couldn’t wait until it started cooling down before I started whipping out the pumpkin recipes. We liked this cake so much, we ended up eating it straight from the pan! What can I say? We love our pumpkin!
Serves: 15 people
Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze Recipe
Nothing beats a tasty pumpkin treat in the Fall! We liked this cake so much, we ended up eating it straight from the pan!
- ⅓ cup water
- 15 ounce pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix in cake mix (just the dry mix, not the ingredients listed on the box) and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve your cake when warm or cooled to room temperature.
Calories: 237 kcal · Carbohydrates: 38 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 3 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 30 mg · Sodium: 393 mg · Potassium: 197 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 21 g · Vitamin A: 4539 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 71 mg · Iron: 2 mg