I will bet you anything that our slow cooker honey Buffalo meatballs are going to be your new go to appetizer recipe. It is such an easy slow cooker recipe that you can whip up and let it sit while you get everything else done.
They are like your traditional honey bbq meatballs in the slow cooker, but with the Buffalo wing sauce, the flavor profile will be out of this world.
Slow cooker meatballs are honestly some of the easiest, yet most loved appetizers at a party. They don’t take a lot of work or ingredients and the slow cooker does most of the work. What is not to love about that?
If you want to get super fancy with them, you can do a meatball spread with all sorts of flavors or a meatball cook off! Some of our favorite flavors are our slow cooker sweet and tangy meatballs, Salisbury steak meatballs, and our slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs!
Ingredients You Need to Make This Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs Recipe:
- Frozen meatballs
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Brown sugar
- Orange marmalade
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
How To Make This Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs Recipe:
When you are ready to make your easy slow cooker honey buffalo meatballs, get out your slow cooker, plug it in and then get out your ingredients.
Now, spray the bottom of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray to prevent the meatballs from sticking and burning at the bottom.
Next, pour the frozen meatballs in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Then, in a small saucepan, whisk together the Buffalo wing sauce, brown sugar, orange marmalade, soy sauce, and the red pepper flakes over medium heat.
Once all the brown sugar has dissolved -and the ingredients are well combined, remove the sauce from the heat.
After the sauce is made, pour it over top of the frozen meatballs, stir it all together and then place the lid on the slow cooker.
Now turn the slow cooker low heat for 2-5 hours or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through and you are ready to serve.
Now simply serve them as an appetizer or over top of cooked rice or pasta to turn it into an entrée.
To Make This Easy Honey Buffalo Meatballs Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS one works great!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Small saucepan
- Spatula or serving spoon
Can You Use Homemade Meatballs In This Recipe?
You can, but you will want to be sure to cook them before adding them to the slow cooker so that they don’t fall apart (and raw meatballs don’t cook well in the slow cooker).
I Heart Nap Time has a great and easy homemade meatball recipe you can use in place of e the frozen meatballs for this recipe.
Can You Put Frozen Meatballs in the Slow Cooker?
Yes! Most frozen meatballs are pre-cooked, so the slow cooker is the perfect way to heat them up.
I actually encourage it since it takes out one unnecessary step and all you need to do is adjust the cook time.
How Long To Heat Meatballs in the Crock Pot?
It takes about 4-5 hours on low heat to cook frozen meatballs (or 2-3 hours on high heat).
You can leave them in the warm setting for longer, but after a few hours they may start to toughen and become chewier.
So do your best to time them for about 30 minutes before you need them to give yourself a little bit of a buffer without burning or over cooking the meatballs.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Side Dishes to Serve with These Meatballs to Make it a Meal:
- Instant Pot Green Beans Recipe
- Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Layered Cobb Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot Panera Copycat White Cheesy Shells Recipe
- Slow Cooker Stuffing Recipe
For More Delicious Appetizer Ideas, Try These Recipes Out!
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini Recipe
- Loaded Baked Potato Skins Recipe
- Chicken Alfredo Dip Recipe
- Air Fryer Tater Tots Recipe
- Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls Recipe
- Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso Recipe
- Sweet Polynesian Meatballs Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs Recipe
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange marmalade (can also use apricot jam)
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¾ reaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour frozen meatballs into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sauce ingredients until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sauce on top of meatballs.
- Place lid on top of slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 2-5 hours or until meatballs are warmed through.
- You can serve these as-is like an appetizer or put them on top of cooked pasta or cooked rice for a yummy main dish.
- It takes about 4-5 hours on low heat to cook frozen meatballs (or 2-3 hours on high heat).
- You can leave them in the warm setting for longer, but after a few hours they may start to toughen and become chewier.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Small Saucepan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.