I am not always the biggest egg roll fan. I mean, I will eat them if they are in front of me, but I won’t specifically order them – UNLESS I’m at Chili’s.
If I’m at Chili’s I usually order their Southwest Egg Rolls as my meal (I’m not even joking – you can ask my husband. hahaha).
They are amazing fried, just like they serve them at the restaurant, but I try to avoid frying my foods at home (probably because I hate having my whole house smell like what we ate for dinner).
I came across this recipe for Baked Southwest Egg Rolls – and they were right up to par. Plus, you cut down on calories by cutting out the frying! They perfect for an appetizer, or for your main dish.
Mexican food lover or not, these will not disappoint.
top them off:
I love these egg rolls as they are, but I also love topping them off with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc. We also love putting on fresh vegetables, such as olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers, etc.
You can easily make these your now, by adding your favorites as well. My kid love dipping them in ketchup.
Looking for an amazing appetizer? Try our Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini for a game day treat or party appetizer that everyone will love! Get the recipe HERE!
Looking for a side dish? we have so many recipes!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more mexican dish favorites? try these:
Baked Southwest Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons green onion minced
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper minced
- ⅓ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoons frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno peppers (diced - remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green onion and red bell pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add corn, black beans, spinach and jalapeño peppers and cook until heated through.
- Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Place egg roll wrapper on a flat, clean surface with a corner facing you, and add about 1/4 cup of filling to the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the corner facing you over the filling, tuck in the sides, and finish rolling.
- Place egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spray the tops of egg rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.