Now that Fall is in full swing, I need to introduce our cream cheese and pumpkin roll bars. They are the best pumpkin recipe to make if you love the classic pumpkin roll holiday dessert.
For me, making a pumpkin roll was very intimidating for the longest time, and still is a bit. If I feel like I don’t have the time or attention to put towards making a pumpkin roll it will not turn out and then I have just wasted my time and ingredients.
Well with these pumpkin roll bars, you do not have to worry about any of that! It is the easiest pumpkin roll recipe you can make and still get that wonderful flavored dessert we all know and love.
So before all the pumpkin is gone in the grocery stores, make this delicious holiday dessert along with our pumpkin pie truffles, easy double layer pumpkin pie, and pumpkin pie cake all need to make the list!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Roll Bars:
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
How To Make Our Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Roll Bars:
When you are ready to make these pumpkin roll bars, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then prepare your 9×13 inch pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl beat together the softened butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until they are nice and smooth.
Next you need to add in the eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and water until it is all combined and well blended.
Now in a separate mixing bowl you need to mix together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt making sure it is all mixed in well.
Then add those dry ingredients into the wet ingredients (AKA the pumpkin and butter mixture) and combine it together well.
Once that is mixed together, spread ⅔ of the pumpkin mixture into the bottom of the pan.
In another small bowl mix the cream cheese, eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla with your mixer on medium speed.
Continue mixing it all up until the frosting is nice and creamy.
Then drop large spoonfuls of the cream cheese frosting across the whole pan and then try your best to spread it out throughout the pan with a spatula.
Now drop the remaining pumpkin mixture over top of the cream cheese layer and then spread that out as best as you can.
To create the swirl on top, use a butter knife and place the tip in batter and swill it around to give the cream cheese and pumpkin layers a little mix.
Then place the pan in the oven for 30-35 minutes and let it bake until the center of the pumpkin batter springs back when you slightly push on it.
Pull them out of the oven and let the bars cool completely, then cut them in squares and enjoy!
To Make This Holiday Dessert Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan
- Hand or stand mixer
- Medium-sized mixing bowls (2)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Butter/Table knife
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
You can make this recipe gluten-free and have it turn out wonderfully! So do not skip on this holiday dessert!
Take a look at the Pioneer Woman’s list of 16 best flour substitutes and pick the one that works for you and your dietary restrictions.
A Fun and Sweet Twist With Caramel
A fun thing that has been super popular these days is adding caramel to basically everything!
If you want to make this into a caramel cream cheese and pumpkin roll bars recipe, simply add 2-3 tablespoons of caramel syrup to the cream cheese mixture and then drizzle more caramel over top!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More Pumpkin Recipes? Yes, Please!
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- Caramel Pecan Turtle Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge Recipe
- The Best Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Roll Bars Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree 1 can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and water until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin/butter mixture and combine until well blended.
- Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter.
- Dollop the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese batter and spread out as evenly as possible. Use a table knife to swirl together the cream cheese and top layer of pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the pumpkin batter springs back when touched.
- Cool completely in pan, then cut into bars.
One thing that I like about pumpkin roll is that it is served cold, so we put these bars in the fridge and ate them cold- they were delicious! You could eat them at room temperature too. I also thought that they were yummier on the second day (if they last that long!)
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Hand mixer
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
- Small Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.