My roommate gave me this recipe, and I think they are my new favorite dessert. They were so easy to make, and they taste phenomenal.
These Carmelitas are gooey, yet stay together. They are a quick dessert for when you are in a pinch.
Whenever we take these gooey and delicious Carmelitas to a party, they are the first to go. So we are warning you now, you might as well make a double batch. They go quickly.
And you can see why, a crunchy streusel like topping, with caramel and chocolate oozing out the sides. These Carmelitas do not disappoint!
We also love these Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars and S’mores Magic Bars.
These are great bar desserts that are perfect for your spring and summer parties! They are so easy to make and crowd favorites.
Everything you need to make this fantastic dessert recipe is right here:
Carmelita Recipe Ingredients:
- Caramel Bits or Wrapped Caramels
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Brown Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips
Items needed to prepare Carmelitas:
How to make Carmelitas:
In a small saucepan combine the caramel and the heavy whipping cream. Place it over low heat and stir until smooth and fully combined. Set smooth caramel aside.
In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and oats.
Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan, and press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Once the crust is done cooking, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot crust. Spread the warm caramel over the chocolate chip layer.
Then sprinkle the remaining crust dough over the caramel.
Bake in oven at 350, for 15 minutes.
Let cool, or place in fridge for 2-4 hours or until fully cooled.
Do I Have to Wait for them to Cool?
You will want them to cool slightly because the hot chocolate and caramel may burn your mouth. But these are amazing when warm.
A benefit of cooling the bars is that it gives them a chance to set a little bit. The caramel and chocolate won’t be quite so gooey and the bars will be able to hold their form better.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Can I double the Carmelitas?
Yes! And we recommend you do, especially if you plan on sharing them.
To double the recipe, simply double all ingredients and use a 9 x 13 pan instead of an 8 x 8. The cook time should be similar, but adjust a few minutes either way until golden brown.
We know you’ll love these Carmelitas. Consider some of these tasty tips to make them top notch.
- These silicone spatulas are awesome for this step
- Add chopped nuts – we like pecans.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
- Quick oats or regular oats – they both work great.
Watch how to make another Delicious dessert:
Looking for another delicious dessert recipe that the whole family will love? Well you are in luck. Today on our Youtube Channel, we are showing you how to make No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars.
Each recipe on our channel and blog is tried and true, so you know they will be tasty.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make these simple and delicious recipes, here.
LOVE EATING OUT? THEN YOU’LL LOVE THIS:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
If you liked these carmelitas, you’ll LOVE these desserts:
- 11 ounces Kraft Caramel Bits (or wrapped caramel squares)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chip 1 package, (or semi sweet)
- In a small saucepan combine the caramel and the heavy whipping cream.
- Place over low heat and stir until smooth and fully combined.
- Set smooth caramel aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter (melted), brown sugar, flour, and oats.
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan, and press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is done cooking, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot crust.
- Spread the warm caramel over the chocolate chip layer.
- Then, sprinkle the remaining crust dough over the caramel.
- Bake in oven at 350, for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, or place in fridge for 2-4 hours or until fully cooled.
- Mixing Bowl
- 8×8-inch baking pan
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews