We have another amazing dinner you will love on a busy night. And it’s so easy to make.
We love the baked version of our Creamy Chicken Taquitos. And these taste so delicious being baked and the tortilla bakes up perfectly. Just the right amount of crispy.
You will probably want to make a double batch of these because I promise your family will love them! And after running kids here and there, this is the perfect weeknight dinner.
WE HAVE MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES THAT ARE SO EASY AND KID FRIENDLY. sOME OF OUR BEST REVIEWED RECIPES ARE OUR HONEY LIME CHICKEN ENCHILADAS, SLOW COOKER RITZ CHICKEN, CHICKEN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE.
How to make baked creamy chicken taquitos
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquito ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Green Salsa
- Chicken Breasts
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Lime Juice
- Green Onions
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cooking Spray
- Creamy Cilantro Dressing (for dipping)
Related Article: These Cheesy Chicken Taquitos are made in your SLOW COOKER!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE DELICIOUS BAKED CREAMY CHICKEN TAQUITOS?
Begin by heating your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
In a medium sized bowl heat the cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it is soft enough to stir.
Then add in the green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until combined.
Then add in the cilantro and green onions.
Stir in chicken and Pepper Jack cheese and combine well.
Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of each tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch away from the edge.
Roll up tortilla as tight as you can and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
Lay all the filled taquitos on the baking sheet and be sure that they are not touching each other.
Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle the tops with salt.
Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and the ends get golden brown.
Dip them in the creamy cilantro dressing. Or if your kids have a favorite dipping sauce, that works great too!
kitchen items needed to make baked creamy chicken taquitos:
Tips and tricks for Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- These can easily be made earlier in the day. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to bake. The perfect dinner for a busy day.
- You can easily purchase a rotisserie chicken at the store and take all the chicken off. Then you don’t have to deal with cooking chicken breasts. And rotisserie chicken has a delicious seasoned taste to it. It’s one of our favorite short cuts.
- If you love more chicken or cheese in your taquito, then for sure add in more to your liking.
Related Article: These Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos are picky eater approved!
An instant pot recipe you need to see
We have a wonderful YouTube channel that we post new Instant Pot recipes to every Monday! Our tried and true recipes are perfect for beginners and those trying to please a picky eater. You are going to want to make sure you check out this lusciously flavorful Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Alfredo Recipe.
More chicken recipes you will want to make:
- MOM’S CHICKEN AND CREAM CHEESE ROLL-UPS
- CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKER LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
- PINEAPPLE CHICKEN TENDERS
- RANCH CHICKEN
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup green salsa
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro dried
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3 boneless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- 20 flour tortillas 6 inch
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces Creamy Cilantro salad dressing for dipping
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so that it is soft and easy to stir.
- Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Then add cilantro and green onions.
- Add chicken and Pepper Jack cheese and combine well.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges and roll it up as tight as you can. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Lay all of the filled taquitos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
- Dip in creamy cilantro dressing if desired.
- Baking Sheet
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.