I have seen so many recipes lately that have browned butter in them, but have yet to try it. I finally decided to give it a whirl and knew I couldn’t go wrong with banana bread.
The brown butter gives the bread such a rich taste. I don’t know how else to explain it, so you’ll just have to try it for yourself.
It came together quickly and was not difficult at all. I also felt that the bread was a little more moist and full of flavor than any other banana bread recipe I have tried.
This is my new go to banana bread recipe from here on out.
could i make these in a muffin tin?
For this recipe, we used a loaf ban, to create the bread. However, you could easily make this using a muffin tin, or even a mini muffin tin.
We recommend using cupcake liners, or spraying each individual muffin compartment with non-stick cooking spray, to help the muffins come out easier.
If you don’t spray the pan or use a cupcake liner, you may have some difficulty getting the muffins out. For best results spray the pan, or line with cupcake liner.
does this bread freeze well?
This bread does freeze extremely well. We recommend placing slices or muffins in an individual snack bag, and removing them from the fridge when needed.
You could also freeze them in an airtight container.
We recommend thawing them by placing them out for a few hours on the counter, or in the fridge over night or even 24 hours, depending on how much bread you thawed.
These work great for breakfast on the go, or dessert in my kids home lunches.
watch how to make another healthy banana recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good banana recipe. It’s so sweet, full of flavor, and makes me feel a little bit better about serving it to my kids, knowing it has more natural sugars than artificial. These Skinny Banana Cookies are so easy and taste amazing. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more banana bread recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Low Fat Banana Bread
- Healthier Chocolate Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Chip Banana Bread
Brown Butter Banana Bread Recipe
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, melt the butter.
- Once butter is melted, lower heat to medium and swirl the butter around in the pan rather than stirring it. Continue swirling the butter for a few minutes over the heat until it starts to turn brown in color. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs then add mashed bananas, vanilla and cooled butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- This bread does freeze extremely well. We recommend placing slices or muffins in an individual snack bag, and removing them from the fridge when needed.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- loaf pan
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!