No matter if you are looking for a new slow cooker stew recipe or an easy chicken breast recipe, our slow cooker creamy chicken stew recipe is the one you need!
It is the best slow cooker chicken stew recipe you will make this Fall. This creamy chicken stew has all the chicken, potatoes, carrots you’ll need and more!
Since our recipe is filled with all of the veggies and spices you’ll need, you and your family will leave the tables full and satisfied. And of course has the perfect creamy texture.
For ideas of what to serve with this delicious creamy chicken stew, give our cheesy garlic Texas toast recipe, easy 7 UP biscuits recipe, or our Olive Garden breadsticks copycat recipe a try! I am not sure what is is about soups and stew, but I always want something to dip in them. Haha.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Slow Cooker Chicken Stew Recipe:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Diced onion
- Diced red potatoes
- Chopped carrots
- Diced celery
- Frozen green beans
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Dry ranch dressing mix
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Chicken Stew Recipe:
Get ready to make this super simple slow cooker chicken stew recipe by getting out your slow cooker and plugging it in.
Then spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Now, place pieces of the bite-sized chicken breast into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Next, top the chicken off with the diced onion, diced red potatoes, chopped carrots, diced celery, and the frozen green beans.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, dry ranch dressing mix packet, salt, and pepper until all of the milk is mixed into and the creamy base is made.
Once the creamed seasoning mixture is mixed up, pour it over top of the vegetables and chicken pieces.
Then place the lid on the slow cooker and turn it on low heat for 6-8 hours, but start checking the chicken around 6 hours to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through and the potatoes and carrots are nice and tender.
After everything is cooked to your liking, stir it all together, and then serve it in your favorite stew bowls and enjoy!
To Make This Slow Cooker Stew Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Wooden spatula
- Stew bowls (I absolutely love THESE stew or soup bowls!)
Can I Put Raw Chicken in the Slow Cooker?
What is nice about the slow cooker is that raw chicken is like the perfect thing to cook in it! There is no need to try and cook it up ahead of time.
You don’t need to drain any grease from chicken so all you have to do is either cut it up the way you need and season it and the chicken is good to go in the slow cooker.
How Long Does it Take for Chicken to Cook in the Slow Cooker?
There is no specific time frame for cooking chicken in the slow cooker. It all depends on how thick the chicken is, what temperature it is cooked on, and if there is anything else cooked with it. But generally 6-8 hours on low and 3-5 on high heat.
However, if you want some detailed instruction on how long to cook your chicken Thriving Home gives some great information on how long to cook chicken in the slow cooker. It has great tips for cooking in the slow cooker.
Can I Use 2 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup?
If you do not love mushrooms and try to avoid them at all costs, your are welcome to use two cans of cream of chicken instead of one cream of chicken and one cream of mushroom. The flavor might be slightly different, but still delicious!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Stew is the Best During Fall, So Load Up on All of Our Stew Recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef Daube Stew with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- The BEST Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chunky Roast Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
- Spicy Chicken Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
Here are More of Our Favorite Chicken Breast Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe
- Tex Mex Cheesy Chicken Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 5 red potatoes diced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 ribs of celery diced
- 1 bag frozen green beans (8-10 ounces)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounces)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with onion, potatoes, carrots, celery and frozen green beans.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream soups, milk, dry ranch dressing mix, salt and pepper. Pour mixture on top of chicken and vegetables.
- Place the lid on top of slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours (start checking at 6 – you just want to make sure that your chicken is fully cooked and your potatoes and carrots are soft).
- Stir everything together, then serve and enjoy!
- Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spatula
- Stew Bowls
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.