This is quick to make and cooks in your slow cooker all day . . . and it has a great spicy kick to it. You can easily cut back on the spice, but my husband loves the kick it has to it. My husband asks that I make it even more spicy, but I don’t think my taste buds would love that.
I love making slow cooker soups because they are so simple and full of amazing flavor. They only require a few simple ingredients and have the most amazing flavor.
This Spicy Chicken Stew is so yummy and easy, you will go crazy for it. My kids have even started asking for it.
I love that it has chicken, and not beef, because the chicken is a little more tender and juicy than most beef stew recipes. You will love this quick recipe.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
Related Recipe: Our Mom’s Slow Cooker Chili Recipe is the perfect soup recipe for fall.
What could I serve with this soup?
I love soup, but I also love the side dishes, and bread that we serve with soup. If you need a few ideas of what to serve this soup with, here is what we recommend:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread: We love this bread. It is exactly what it says it is, EASY. It is delicious.
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls: These rolls are so fast, and practically fail proof. Spread a little butter on them, and get dipping them in your soup.
- Italian Fresh Green Salad: This fresh Italian salad, makes the perfect side dish and is so simple to throw together.
- Sweet Cornbread: Nothing warms the soul better than some soup and corn bread. You will love this home style combination and all the amazing flavor.
Really any bread or soup pairing would be perfect for this recipe. It’s simple, delicious, and they both taste great with a hearty soup, such as this one.
What can I add to make my chili more spicy?
My husband is a huge fan of spicy food. Myself, on the other hand, isn’t quite as big as a spicy food fan. This Slow Cooker Chili is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing, but my husband prefers a little kick to it.
Here is what we recommend:
- Add some chopped jalapeño (you could also use canned).
- Add cumin or cayenne pepper
- Add red pepper flakes
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- The Best Minestrone Soup with Italian Sausage
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Simple Crab Soup
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
Spicy Chicken Stew Recipe
- 3 ⅓ cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 10 ounces sweet corn frozen
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12.5 ounces salsa
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas cut into strips
- Place potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and garlic in slow cooker. Stir in salsa, salt, cumin, chile powder and pepper. Distribute chicken evenly on top of vegetables and pour chicken broth over chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks into bite-sized chunks. Return to slow cooker.
- Mix in tortilla strips into stew and serve warm.
- Slow Cooker
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!