One of my favorite restaurants is Olive Garden . . . and my husband and I basically devour their breadsticks because they are so good! I came across this recipe and had to put it to the test to see if it really did match up with Olive Garden’s famous breadsticks.
Olive Garden Breadsticks Copycat Recipe
The perfect copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks! Perfect with any salad and pasta!
- 1⅓ cups water
- 1½ Tablespoons butter softened
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast (one packet)
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Garlic Salt for topping
- In a large mixing bowl of a dough mixer, mix together water, softened butter, flour, sugar, salt, and yeast and make smooth soft dough.
- (If you don't have a dough mixer, simply mix ingredients together in a bowl using a large spoon. When dough becomes too hard to mix using that, pull out of bowl and knead on a floured surface until dough is smooth. I kneaded mine for about 5 minutes and it turned out fine)
- When dough is ready make elongated shape of bread sticks measuring 1 1/2 inch thickness and 5-6 inches long.
- Place these sticks on a greased baking sheet by keeping 2-4 cm distance in between sticks.
- Cover the pan and let them rise to double in size for 60-80 min (keep in a warm place for faster rising).
- After they have risen, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush breadsticks with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 18-20 minutes until they are lightly golden on top (don't over bake).
Serve warm breadsticks with marinara sauce for dipping. *Final result: These are delicious breadsticks and are pretty close to Olive Garden. I cooked mine for about 3 minutes too long, so they were a little overdone for my taste. Next time I am going to pull them out a little earlier and see if that makes a difference. I am usually shy away from making bread, but these were pretty quick to rise and made just the right amount that I felt comfortable making them . . . and if I can do it, anyone can!! They make a great side dish and I will for sure make them again.
Calories: 195 kcal · Carbohydrates: 35 g · Protein: 5 g · Fat: 4 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 9 mg · Sodium: 420 mg · Potassium: 65 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 102 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 9 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Dough mixer
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheets
- Pastry Brush