It has finally happened. The temperatures in Utah have now reached over 100° F. Phew! I literally took a dip in our tiny kiddie pool today because even the shade was hot! I don’t handle the heat very well, so I try to avoid cooking over a hot stove at all costs. This recipe is so delicious and requires very little effort, which is perfect for summertime! So it is time to pull out your slow cooker and cook up this delicious BBQ Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwich! (You can thank me later!)
Slow Cooker BBQ Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1½ cups apricot preserves
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix 1 packet
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 8 hamburger buns
- Combine barbecue sauce, apricot preserves, dry onion soup mix, dijon mustard, and soy sauce in a medium bowl.
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Pour sauce over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Medium Bowl
- Slow Cooker
- Slotted Spoon