Our recipe for Instant Pot Beef Stew is so warm and filling – perfect for when you want something hearty and comforting.
We love to serve this with our Homemade French Bread for a delicious dinner.
This recipe is an Instant Pot version of our Slow Cooker Beef Stew.
What Instant Pot do I use?
It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Beef Stew:
- beef stew cubes
- beef stock
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- green peas
- tomato paste
You might want to check out our Instant Pot Ground Beef and Vegetable Stew if you have some ground beef to use!
How to make Instant Pot Beef Stew:
The instructions for this stew could not be easier!
Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot.
Give it a quick stir, then place lid on top of Instant Pot.
Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
Press the MANUAL button and set timer for 30 minutes.
When the timer is done, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for at least 15 minutes (you can go longer if desired).
Move the valve to VENTING and release remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and mix together.
Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Soups, Chilis, and Stew recipes!
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
Place all ingredients EXCEPT THE BEEF STOCK in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag or other freezer-safe container.
Place in the freezer for up to 90 days.
When ready to eat, remove frozen stew from the bag (if it won’t come out, run the bag under hot water so that you can remove/peel off the frozen bag).
Place the frozen soup into your Instant Pot (if it froze in a shape that won’t fit into your Instant Pot, you may need to defrost it for a few minutes or break it into pieces to make it fit).
Add 3 cups beef broth your Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the top of the Instant Pot. Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 45 minutes.
When the timer is finished, let the soup do a natural release (this will take about 20 minutes).
Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more freezer meals just like this? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Freezer Meals!
Other Instant Pot Beef recipes you will love:
- Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice
- Easy Instant Pot Italian Meatballs
- The BEST Instant Pot Beef Gyros
- Cheesy Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes (SO GOOD)
- Instant Pot Perfect Beef Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Beef Daube Stew with Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or a beef roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 potatoes cubed (red potatoes or Russet are our favorites)
- 1 pound baby carrots (we cut ours in half, but you can keep them whole)
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (OPTIONAL)
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Give it a quick stir, then place lid on top of Instant Pot.
- Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
- Press the MANUAL button and set timer for 30 minutes.
- When the timer is done, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for at least 15 minutes (you can go longer if desired).
- Move the valve to VENTING and release remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and mix together.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
This post was included in our 10 EASY Tried and True Soup Recipes video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Looking for even more Stew?! Try our Slow Cooker Chunky Roast Stew!