The best way to add a perfect side dish to any pasta – Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast! And it comes together in just a few minutes.
Whenever we have Baked Spaghetti or any pasta dish for dinner, we make sure to have some sort of garlic bread with it.
My family loves the Garlic Texas Toast you can buy in the freezer section of the grocery store, so I decided to whip up some at home! The store-bought garlic bread is good but I knew it would be a great option to create an easy recipe at home.
This recipe is so easy and takes minutes to make. It only has a few ingredients, and it tastes 10 times better than any frozen garlic bread you will buy at the store.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
How to make this Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast:
- Start with your bread. You can make homemade bread (you need to try our Easy Homemade French Bread), or store-bought bread. I usually like mine a little thicker, so I look for the Texas toast sliced bread, on the bread aisle. You can also use any loaf of bread you have on hand, it doesn’t need to be Texas toast or a loaf of french bread, but we do recommend it for the best results. There is something about biting into fresh thick bread with cheese and garlic spread… it doesn’t get any better than that for your texas toast garlic bread.
- Now prepare your spread. You can’t go wrong with four ingredients that you most likely already have on hand. Mix together butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper and fresh herbs if desired. I like to make extra garlic butter spread in case we want more while we’re eating the texas garlic toast.
- Take a basting brush and brush both sides of each slice of bread with the butter mixture and then place the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. (If you don’t have a basting brush, you can also use a spoon and carefully spoon the mixture on the bread, being cautious to not pour it all in one place.)
- Once on the baking sheet, put them in the oven and broil them.
- As they broil, watch carefully. Broiling food can be tricky so never let something go for more than a minute without checking on it.
- Once the toasts are done, take them out of the oven, sprinkle some cheese and a little Italian seasoning, and throw them back in the broiler for just a minute. Once it is done you can sprinkle fresh parsley on top or whatever you have on hand.
- You can store this delicious garlic bread for the next time you want to eat it. You can store the whole loaf by wrapping it with plastic wrap, or put the individual garlic bread slices in an airtight container. This will create an easy side dish for one of your next pasta nights.
What to pair Texas toast with:
This pairs perfectly with our Ground Turkey Spaghetti and our Parmesan Ranch Corn. You could also eat this as an appetizer with some marinara sauce. It’s almost like a breadstick or a little pizza. The kids will love this as well.
This is a fun recipe that kids could easily help with. I’ve found that for picky eaters, they are more likely to eat it if they participated in making it.
Looking for more bread recipes?
- Easy Homemade French Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Apple Praline Bread
- Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks
Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices white bread cut 1-inch thick (you could use regular white bread or french bread)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Preheat broiler setting on oven. Mix together butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brush both sides of each slice of bread with butter mixture and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil bread for 1 minute on each side, or until light golden brown. Sprinkle one side of bread with cheese and Italian seasoning and broil until cheese is melted.
- Watch closely to avoid burning.
- For this particular recipe, we prefer mozzarella cheese, but any cheese will do. I bet a cheese combination with a little Parmesan cheese would be delicious as well.
- small bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Sheet
- basting brush
Our newest cookbook is currently on sale now! It’s full of restaurant copycat recipes that you are going to love.
It includes copycat recipes from all your favorite restaurants including Cheesecake Factory, Panera, Chick Fil A, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse and so many more. Get your copy of Copycat Cooking with Six Sisters’ Stuff here!