If you need dinner in a hurry, this Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken and Pasta is the recipe for you!
One of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is that if I have a little time before dinner and need something quick, I just throw things in my Instant Pot and it cooks SO FAST. This instant pot recipe is one of my favorites to cook for the whole family. On the rare occasions where we don’t finish this instant pot crack chicken pasta, we save the meal for the next day. It is easy to store in an airtight container and then throw it in your fridge. A pro tip for the next time you make this is to give the cooked pasta a good stir and then add cheese to the top of the pasta. Just make sure that the extra cheese doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pot.
This cream cheese chicken recipe is honestly a FAVORITE of mine. I make it normally every other week. It is definitely part of my rotation of recipes that my kids love to eat. The best part about this delicious meal is that it is comfort food and it is easy to throw together on busy weeknights. The instant pot creamy chicken pasta combines tender chicken and my favorite pasta dish into the best pot meal that will keep you wanting more! A lot of people have asked me for this easy pasta recipe and I am excited to share it.
I like to serve this easy dinner with garlic bread with lots of cheese on top and a little spice. If you’re looking for a healthy option you can serve it with a side salad (maybe add some crispy bacon to the top!).
If you want to know what a few more of my favorites are I would definitely suggest that you try out our Chicken Enchilada Casserole, One Pan Salsa Verde Chicken (who doesn’t love fewer dishes), and to kick it up a notch, Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken is a must make.
Related Recipe: Try our Dump and Go Slow Cooker Alfredo Pesto Chicken and Pasta!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Wondering what you need for this heavenly Instant Pot cheesy chicken pasta dinner?
Ingredients you’ll need for this Instant Pot chicken pasta:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream cheese
- Italian Dressing Dry Mix (this is the kind we use and you can find it HERE)
- Chicken broth
If you don’t happen to have cream of chicken soup at home or do not like to used canned condensed soup, you might want to try and make your own homemade soup with THIS recipe!
Kitchen tools you’ll need for this Instant Pot chicken recipe:
- Instant Pot
- Large pot
- Stand or hand mixer
I’ve said this before, but just in case you missed it, a stand mixer or hand mixer will make shredding the chicken go by so much faster!
Could I make this Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken and Pasta recipe in a slow cooker?
You could definitely make this recipe in a slow cooker.
Click HERE for the recipe!
Looking for more freezer meals just like this? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Freezer Meals!
Looking for more Instant Pot chicken recipes? Here are our top 28 recipes!
Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese break into small pieces
- 1 package Italian dressing dry mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces penne pasta 1 package
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot. Cover with broth, soup, pieces of cream cheese and dressing mix ins Instant Pot.
- Lock cover into place and seal steam nozzle
- Set on poultry or meat setting or manually set for 15 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- While your Instant Pot is cooking, boil water in a pot on your stove and cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Shred the chicken and serve over the pasta.
- If your chicken is frozen, add 5 to 10 minutes until your chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and Italian dressing mix into a gallon-sized freezer bag. DO NOT mix ingredients together – just keep them as is in the bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 2 cups of chicken broth in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 25 minutes. Do a 5 minute NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
- Instant Pot
- large pot
- Hand or Stand Mixer
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.