On our site we have over 300 Slow Cooker Recipes. That just shows you right there how much we truly LOVE them! I have had 2 Slow Cookers since I was married (going on 9 years now!) The one that I use the most is slowly dying. As I was looking at new ones, I realized just how much the technology has advanced just in a few short years!
Looking for another version of beef stew? Click here to check out our other favorite recipe!
Here are more slow cooker soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Mom’s Slow Cooker Chili
Crock Pot Chunky Roast Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes do not drain
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces baby portabello mushrooms diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 Tablespoons fresh parsley optional topping
- Trim the fat from the meat and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (You could also have the butcher cut it for you.)
- In a gallon sized plastic bag, combine flour, thyme, and pepper. Add your meat to the bag, zip it closed and shake it to coat.
- In a skillet, heat 4 Tablespoons of the oil over high heat. Add your meat and cook about 5 minutes or until meat is brown. Then transfer it to your Slow Cooker.
- Add in the onion, garlic, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, salt, mushrooms, pepper, carrots and celery.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top when ready to serve.
- Slow Cooker