This is a super-easy soup to throw together on chilly nights! We love it served with warm rolls (or in a bread bowl!). It tastes great with ground chicken or ground turkey, but you could easily substitute in shredded chicken or turkey, too!
Tex Mex Chicken Soup Recipe
- ½ pound ground chicken or ground turkey
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups milk
- 10¾ ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 15 ounces corn with red peppers 1 can
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chilies 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (I used fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In large pot over medium-high heat, cook ground chicken, garlic, and onion until the turkey is browned and the onion is soft. Drain the fat from the pan and return to heat.
- Slowly add in milk, cream of chicken soup, corn, tomato, chiles, parsley and red pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cheese and stir until melted.
- large pot