Whenever I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, he automatically responds, “Enchiladas!”
As much as I love enchiladas, I sometimes hate all the work that it takes to put them together.
We had some pork chops in the freezer and I was determined to put together some enchiladas with as few steps as possible. I started by throwing the pork in the slow cooker with a couple of items from my pantry and it was so flavorful that the enchiladas didn’t need anything else but cheese and enchilada sauce!
Quick, easy, and efficient . . . that’s my kind of recipe!
Related Recipe: Try our Instant Pot Pork Chile Verde (Pressure Cooker Recipe)!
Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas Recipe
Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas are quick, easy, and efficient . . . that’s my kind of recipe!
- 1½ pounds lean pork chops
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chiles 1 can
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 packet
- 1 package flour tortillas (8-10 count)
- 20 ounces red enchilada sauce 2 (10 ounce) cans
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops inside and add onion, chilis, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours. Shred pork with two forks when finished cooking (it should just fall apart after cooking).
- Pour one can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.
- Place some of the meat mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortillas in pan and top with second can of enchilada sauce. Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Calories: 353 kcal · Carbohydrates: 30 g · Protein: 29 g · Fat: 12 g · Saturated Fat: 6 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 78 mg · Sodium: 1379 mg · Potassium: 547 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 9 g · Vitamin A: 1102 IU · Vitamin C: 14 mg · Calcium: 220 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9x13" Baking Dish