Super delicious, flavorful, and extremely easy, our slow cooker chile verde pork enchiladas recipe is a family favorite recipe. A new pork chop recipe to spice things up a bit!
Slow cooker chile verde pork enchiladas recipe is one of my favorite meals to make on a night when I know I will be busy during the day. Slow cooker recipes are my favorites and save the day when I am super tired.
With our slow cooker enchiladas, you can have a tasty meal, with little work and enjoy every bite. And it also makes for some delicious leftovers.
We also make this with the green salsa that adds a lot of great flavor to the dish, you can choose to make it spicy or mild based on what you and your family like. Normally when the kids are eating I use just the mild salsa.
To deck out this meal with delicious sides, try serving our Easy Mexican Salsa Rice (Quick Spanish Rice) Recipe, Mexican Corn Dip Recipe, Mexican Street Corn Recipe, or Fully Loaded Guacamole Recipe in addition to this chile verde pork recipe.
Ingredients You Need to Make This Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas Recipe:
- Lean pork chops
- Medium onion chopped
- Diced green chiles
- Green salsa
- Diced tomatoes
- Taco seasoning
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Green enchilada sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
How To Make This Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas Recipe:
When you are ready to make your slow cooker verde pork enchiladas, pull out your slow cooker and spray it with nonstick cooking spray to avoid the pork from sticking to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Then place the pork chops into the slow cooker and add the chopped onion, diced green chiles, verde salsa, diced tomatoes, and the taco seasoning all into the slow cooker.
Now, place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours.
When the pork is done cooking (it should be falling apart at this point), use a fork to shred the pork into bite-sized pieces and then mix it into the sauce in the slow cooker.
After the pork is shredded, preheat the oven to 350 and get out your 9×13 in baking pan and pour one can of the green enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan.
Next, take your tortillas and scoop a portion of the pork mixture onto each tortilla and then roll the tortilla up.
Place the tortillas seam sides down into the baking pan, on top of the enchilada sauce.
Once you have all of the tortillas in the pan, sprinkle the Monterey Jack Cheese over top and place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
Then carefully remove the pan, serve up each enchilada and top it with some fresh cilantro, or any of your other favorite toppings and enjoy!
To Make Slow Cooker Enchiladas You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS one works great!)
- Large spoon
- 9×13 inch pan
- Serving spatula
Which Tortilla is Best For Enchiladas?
This is definitely a personal preference thing. However I tend to enjoy using flour tortillas for enchiladas. They seem to hold up better when they cook in the oven.
You can even make your own tortilla with The Café Sucre Farine’s recipe for the best ever homemade tortillas. But you can also keep it simple and grab a package from the store.
I’ve really been digging the carb balance ones that you can get now. They still taste delicious and will work great.
Toppings to Have for Enchiladas?
We give you everything to make the best slow cooker enchiladas. It’s up to you to perfect them to your tastebuds with your favorite toppings. Here is a list of some of our favorite toppings to serve with enchiladas:
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour creme
- Salsa (corn salsa, verde, or regular)
- Green onions
Switch Out the Meat
If you don’t love pork chops, you can use other meats! You can cut up a pork roast and use that, or ground beef (but make sure to cook the meat ahead of time), chicken breasts. Really any you like should work well in this recipe!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
We have SO Many Enchilada Recipes. Give These a Try Too!
- Brunch Enchiladas Recipe
- Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- Green Chile Layered Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Slow Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Black Bean and Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- Three Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe
Use Pork in More Ways in the Slow Cooker With Our Favorite Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Stroganoff Recipe
- Southwest Slow Cooker Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Tacos Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Recipe (Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Slow Cooker Citrus Onion Pork Sliders Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos
Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean pork chops
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chiles 1 can
- 1 cup green salsa (or salsa verde; we used mild but you can use whatever heat you prefer)
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 packet
- 1 package corn or flour tortillas (8-10 count)
- 20 ounces green enchilada sauce 2 (10 ounce) cans; you can also use red enchilada sauce if that is what you prefer
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (can also use cheddar cheese)
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops inside and add onion, chilies, salsa, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours. Shred pork with two forks when finished cooking (it should just fall apart after cooking).
- Pour one can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13" baking pan.
- Place some of the meat mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortillas in pan and top with second can of enchilada sauce. Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- You could also make this recipe using a pork roast – just cut it into a few large pieces and it will still work perfectly.
- Both corn and flour tortillas will work for this recipe – just use what you prefer.
- If you don’t want to make this pork into enchiladas, you can serve it over rice.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9×13" Baking Dish
- Serving Spatula
Be sure not to miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews