Things have been super CRAZY here! I have never been so grateful for my Slow Cooker! This sandwich is not only delicious, it is so easy. Don’t forget to add the re-fried beans… they make all the difference!
Southwest Slow Cooker Pork Sandwich Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 6 ciabatta rolls
- ¾ cup refried beans
- ½ ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ onion thinly sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place your pork roast and chopped onion in a large crock pot. Add beef broth and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the pork with two forks. Leave the pork in the crock-pot until ready to use
- Mix the re-fried beans and the taco seasoning together and spread on the bottom part of the the bun.
- Next add your pork, cheese, onion, and avocado.
- On the other half of the bun add your Dijon mustard. Place the bottom bun and top bun facing up on a cookie sheet. Broil them for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted.
- Put the sandwich together and enjoy!
- Slow Cooker
- Baking Sheet