Perfect for using up that leftover turkey. You could easily substitute chicken into this recipe as well. The best part? Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
the story behind turkey enchiladas
I don’t know about you, but every year, after Thanksgiving dinner, our family has a lot of leftover turkey.
Is this just our family? Nobody really like the turkey at Thanksgiving dinner, but the sweet potatoes, and jello salad go quick.
So with all my leftover turkey, I decided I needed to put it to use, and make a recipe I knew that my family would love.
We are an enchilada loving bunch, so I decided to make a simple enchilada recipe, using my leftover turkey.
Every enchilada in the pan was eaten. There was absolutely no leftovers. My family gobbled these up.
If you are looking for a way to put your leftover Thanksgiving turkey to use, you have to try these simple and delicious Turkey Enchiladas.
could i make this recipe using ground turkey
You could definitely make this recipe using ground turkey. Before adding them to the enchiladas, be sure to cook the meat all the way through.
I also prefer to rinse and drain my ground turkey, after cooking it, just to get rid of access grease and fat.
Related Article: Add this White Chicken Enchilada Casserole to your meal rotation!
what do i serve with this?
This is one of my favorite dishes, but I have learned, it can be tricky to find what goes with enchiladas.
My go to is salad. I love a good green salad. If you need a delicious and quick salad recipe, check out our, Seven Layer Green Salad recipe.
I also love serving some rice and beans with my enchiladas. I like combining my salad with it as well. If you are looking for a way to spice up your rice recipe, check out our Spanish Brown Rice recipe.
need a simple and healthy dessert? Watch how to make our favorite:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Watch how to make our favorite and famous Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies, here:
looking for more enchilada recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 cups cooked turkey shredded
- ½ teaspoon chili powder optional
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces diced green chilis 1 can, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan using non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cooked turkey, chili powder (optional) and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese together. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, can of chilies, cilantro, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- **Be sure that you don't bring this to a boil- you don't want to have curdled sour cream!
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-22 minutes and then place under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Medium Saucepan
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!