Today is a day of mourning. After 4 great years together, my slow cooker kicked the can . . .
Thankfully they still sell the same make and model, so I am heading to the store tomorrow to go purchase it again (because heaven knows that I use my slow cooker 5 times a week and can’t go more than a day without one!). 🙂 In the meantime, I wanted to share the last meal that my slow cooker and I prepared together. It was quick, easy, and had just the right amount of kick . . . the perfect way to remember my good ol’ crock pot.
Serves: 4 people
SLOW COOKER ASIAN GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE
This is quick, easy, and had just the right amount of kick
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce* (more of less, depending on how hot you like it)
- ½ cup water
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons green onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and 1/2 cup water in a bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours OR high for 3-4 hours.
- Once done cooking, pull chicken out and place on large plate. Mix together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and pour into remaining liquid in the slow cooker. Turn heat to high (if it wasn't already) and cook for another 15 minutes (or until sauce thickens a little bit).
- Shred chicken and add back into liquid in slow cooker.
- Serve over rice, topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
*Sriracha hot sauce is available at most grocery stores and Wal-Mart. It is a Thai chili sauce with amazing flavor. It cost me about $3 for a huge bottle of it and it is totally worth it. The flavor it adds is so yummy.
Calories: 181 kcal · Carbohydrates: 16 g · Protein: 22 g · Fat: 3 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 54 mg · Sodium: 1815 mg · Potassium: 439 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 9 g · Vitamin A: 61 IU · Vitamin C: 5 mg · Calcium: 31 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Slow Cooker