I love easy dinner recipes I can throw in my slow cooker and this is one of my all-time favorites. This Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork is the perfect combination of the savory and sweet coming together for a hearty meal.
How to make Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork In Instant Pot:
Converting this crock pot pulled pork Recipe into an Instant Pot Recipe isn’t that difficult. Here are the things that you are going to do differently:
- Follow the exact directions as you would on the slow cooker recipe, but before you close the lid, add 1/2 cup of water or broth. This allows for steam to happen so the meat doesn’t dry out.
- Close the lid, set it to sealing, then push manual. Set your timer for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, let it release on its own and then shred your pork and serve on your rolls.
- Don’t rush it. Let it finish doing it’s thing and I promise you will get the best results.
If you want more help converting this recipe into an instant pot recipe, check out our YouTube channel and the video below! Subscribe to our channel here!
Watch how to make Smoky Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker and Instant Pot:
Side Dishes That Go With A Pulled Pork Sandwich:
Check out our other BBQ Pulled Pork Recipes:
- Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork
- BBQ Pulled Pork to Feed Over 50 People
- BBQ Bacon Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Coleslaw
- Chipotle Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker BBQ Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Did you know about our new cookbook we have coming out? We are so excited about this one. It’s called Copycat Cooking from Six Sisters’ Stuff and it has over 100 recipes from all your favorite restaurants.
These include Cheesecake Factory, Panera, In n Out, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse and so many more!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅓ cup liquid smoke
- 4 pounds pork shoulder butt roast (or bone in)
- 18 ounces BBQ Sauce 1 bottle
- 12 Hamburger Buns
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner).
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mustard and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
- Rub all over the roast, covering all sides. (Optional: poke your roast with a large fork a couple of times to let the flavors really soak in).
- Place lid on slow cooker and bake on low for 8-10 hours (or high 5-6 hours).
- Shred meat when finished and add bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns.
- We love this with a side of potato salad or pasta salad.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Questions & Reviews