I love easy dinner recipes I can throw in my slow cooker and this is one of my all-time favorites. Crockpot pulled pork I love the combination of the savory and sweet coming together for a hearty meal.
There are so many recipes for pulled pork out on the internet, but this one really is one of the best. Crockpot pulled pork is easy and delicious. If you are nervous to add the liquid smoke, DON’T BE! It has so much flavor just in that little bottle.
Pulled pork RECIPE for a crowd
A common question people ask, is how much pulled pork will serve a crowd.
From our research and understanding, we have found that you should expect to prepare a half pound of meat per person. The meat shrinks as it cooks and the fat also cooks off the meat, so there is a lot of shrinkage.
how to make pulled pork? Low and slow is the way to go
All good things take time… this includes slow cooking your pork. That’s why crock pot pulled pork is so good!
The key thing to remember when working with meat are the words: low and slow. Be patient with your meat and let it cook on low for a longer amount of time.
This will keep your meat from drying out and/or burning. The longer you have to cook this meat at a low temperature, the better.
How to shred pulled pork
When the bbq pulled pork is finished cooking in the slow cooker, move the meat to a large mixing bowl. You can shred it the following ways:
How to Make pulled pork In Instant Pot
Converting this crock pot pulled pork Recipe into an Instant Pot Recipe isn’t that difficult. Here are the things that you are going to do differently:
- Follow the exact directions as you would on the slow cooker recipe, but before you close the lid, add 1/2 cup of water or broth. This allows for steam to happen so the meat doesn’t dry out.
- Close the lid, set it to sealing, then push manual. Set your timer for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, let it release on its own and then shred your pork and serve on your rolls.
- Don’t rush it. Let it finish doing it’s thing and I promise you will get the best results.
Related recipe: These Slow Cooker BBQ Country Ribs are a family favorite and are so easy to make!
Watch how to make Smoky Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker and Instant Pot
Side Dishes That Go With A Pulled Pork Sandwich
Check out our other bbq pulled pork recipes
- Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork
- BBQ Pulled Pork to Feed Over 50 People
- BBQ Bacon Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Coleslaw
Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 1½ Tablespoons salt
- 1½ Tablespoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅓ cup liquid smoke
- 4 pounds pork shoulder butt roast (or bone in)
- 18 ounces BBQ Sauce 1 bottle
- 12 Hamburger Buns
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner).
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mustard and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
- Rub all over the roast, covering all sides. (Optional: poke your roast with a large fork a couple of times to let the flavors really soak in).
- Place lid on slow cooker and bake on low for 8-10 hours (or high 5-6 hours).
- Shred meat when finished and add bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns.
- We love this with a side of potato salad or pasta salad.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Did you know about our new cookbook we have coming out? We are so excited about this one. It’s called Copycat Cooking from Six Sisters’ Stuff and it has over 100 recipes from all your favorite restaurants.
These include Cheesecake Factory, Panera, In n Out, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse and so many more!
Click here to check it out!