Cheesecake . . . red velvet . . . and cream cheese frosting. Are you drooling yet?!
Our cute friend, The Country Cook, seriously has the best cake recipes. If you haven’t stopped by her blog yet, you should check it out! She is amazing.
She shared this cake a couple of months ago and I have seriously been dreaming about it ever since. I finally got around to making it and it was everything I dreamed it would be and more! It takes red velvet cake to a whole new level!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cake Recipe
The perfect combo all in one cake - Red velvet, cheesecake, and cream cheese frosting. You'll want to whip up this cake today!
- 15.25 ounces red velvet cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
- 1 ¼ cups water as directed on cake box
- ½ cup vegetable oil as directed on cake box
- 3 eggs as directed on cake box
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare red velvet cake mix according to package directions and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together 1 block of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and egg white.
- Mix well until smooth and all the bumps are completely gone.
- Pour half of the red velvet cake batter into the baking dish and spread it as evenly as possible. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top of the red velvet batter. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture around into the red velvet batter. Add the rest of the red velvet cake batter on top and spread it out as evenly as possible. Put cake into oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes. Let cake cool completely.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla) and spread on top of the cooled cake. Cut into pieces and serve (or just eat it right out of the pan). Store uneaten cake (if you have any) in the refrigerator.
Calories: 349 kcal · Carbohydrates: 47 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 18 g · Saturated Fat: 10 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 49 mg · Sodium: 339 mg · Potassium: 141 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 38 g · Vitamin A: 303 IU · Calcium: 72 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
Recipe slightly adapted from The Country Cook