Red velvet cheesecake swirl cake recipe is such a delicious moist cake mix recipe that you’ll love! And of course topped with the perfect cream cheese frosting.
Enjoy our simply amazing Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cake Recipe for a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert.
It is such a great red velvet cheesecake recipe that you can and will want to use it for more than just Valentine’s Day.
Grab some fun Valentine’s day sprinkle to make it cute and festive and everyone will absolutely love it.
You can make ever more of our tasty red velvet recipes like our Red Velvet Kiss Cookies Recipe, Red Velvet Oreo Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe, or our Red Velvet Bundt Cake Recipe. They are all great for Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cake Recipe:
- Red velvet cake mix (we like to use Betty Crocker)
- Vegetable oil
- Cream cheese
- Egg white
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Our Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cake Recipe:
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and preparing a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Then take the red velvet cake mix box and prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the packaging in a large mixing bowl and then set it aside.
In another mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, sugar, egg white, and beat it all together until it is well mixed and all the lumps are gone.
Once you have the cake batter and cheesecake mix made, pour about half of the red velvet cake batter into the bottom of the prepared 9×13 inch pan and spread it out as evenly as you can.
Then drop the cheesecake mix by spoonfuls across the pan and then use a knife to swirl it into the bottom layer of the red velvet cake mix.
After you have the swirl layer set, pour the remaining cake batter over top and spread it out as evenly as you can.
Now, place the cake into the oven and let it bake for 35-40 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and have it come out clean.
When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool down completely.
While the cake cools down, put the frosting ingredients (softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract) into a large mixing bowl and slowly beat the frosting ingredients together.
Making sure the cake is completely cooled down, spread the prepared cream cheese frosting over top of the cake and decorate it with any and all the cute Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
Then serve the cake or store it in the fridge (if there are actually leftovers, haha).
To Make Our Cake Mix Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan
- Large mixing bowls (3 like THESE will work great!)
- Spatula (3)
Can I Use Other Cake Mix?
For this recipe you definitely can use another type or brand of cake mix. It just depends on what you have and what flavors you are looking for.
We love using the red velvet cake mix because it produces a great red color for Valentine’s day and is of course delicious!
Keep it Simple or Make it More Festive!
For pretty much all of our red velvet recipes, we love to pair the cake with cream cheese frosting.
And while we kept the decorating of this cake simple with the white frosting and sprinkles, you don’t have to!
You can always add in food coloring like red to turn the frosting pink while you are making it, or even make it all and divide it up and do multiple colors. That is completely up to you!
What Should the Swirl Layer Look Like?
If you are not exactly sure what we mean by swirl the cake, you can take a look at Gold Metal’s YouTube video on how to marble a cake.
While it won’t be exactly the same, it will be the same type of technique with the cake batter and cheesecake mix.
You don’t want to overmix it or you will lose the swirl effect.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Valentine’s Day is Always Better with Baked Goods. Give These a Try This Year:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Hearts Recipe (Homemade Reese’s)
- Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Recipe
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Heart on the Bottom
- Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Neapolitan Cupcakes Recipe
- Strawberry Valentine Oreo Cookies Recipe
- Valentine Brownie Pizza Recipe
- Fudgy Coconut Valentine Brownies Recipe
- Heart-Shaped Valentine Cupcakes (without a fancy pan!)
Indulge in All Things Red Velvet this Month!
- Red Velvet Cake Bites Recipe
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Popcorn Recipe
- Red Velvet Crepes
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes Recipe
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cake Recipe
- 15.25 ounces red velvet cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
- 1 ¼ cups water as directed on cake box
- ½ cup vegetable oil as directed on cake box
- 3 eggs as directed on cake box
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare red velvet cake mix according to package directions and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together 1 block of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and egg white.
- Mix well until smooth and all the bumps are completely gone.
- Pour half of the red velvet cake batter into the baking dish and spread it as evenly as possible. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top of the red velvet batter. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture around into the red velvet batter. Add the rest of the red velvet cake batter on top and spread it out as evenly as possible. Put cake into oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes. Let cake cool completely.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla) and spread on top of the cooled cake. Cut into pieces and serve (or just eat it right out of the pan). Store uneaten cake (if you have any) in the refrigerator.
- For this recipe you definitely can use another type or brand of cake mix. It just depends on what you have and what flavors you are looking for.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- 3 Large Mixing Bowl
- 3 spatula
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.