These cookies are so easy to make using a strawberry cake mix. The cream cheese frosting takes them over the top. It’s the perfect dessert for your special Valentine.
Growing up, one of my favorite things, was coming home from school to our mom’s Homemade Oreo’s. They are a simple recipe made from a cake mix, that taste absolutely amazing. Way better than a real Oreo.
They are so soft, and the icing in the middle is so good.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I decided to kick things up a notch and make these into strawberry Oreo’s with cream cheese frosting.
I have to say, I was very pleased and at first bite, it was like I had died and gone to heaven.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious Valentine’s Day recipe, I highly recommend these.
what other cake mixes could I use with this recipe?
The thing I really love about this recipe, is you could make these cookies using any flavor of cake mix. You can switch up the frosting as well, or even buy canned frosting at the store, or from the bakery.
We are all about saving time, and these cookies are quick, delicious, and full of yummy cake flavor.
Here are a few of our favorite cake flavor to try with this recipe:
- vanilla or white (with chocolate frosting)
- lemon cake
- funfetti (we like the funfetti frosting with them too)
- cherry chip
- chocolate (we prefer devils food cake)
- chocolate with German cake coconut frosting.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
looking for more strawberry recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
Strawberry Valentine Oreo Cookies Recipe
- 1 (16oz) box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shortening
- 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, and shortening until well combined.
- The dough will be thick.Roll dough into balls making sure they are all about the same size and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting mix together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread onto the cooled cookies and sandwich them together.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!