Valentine’s day Neapolitan cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s day cupcake, aka the name! Ha 😉 They are such a fun and unique cupcake idea with the mix of strawberry cake and brownie batter!
These homemade cupcakes have the great fluffy cake texture mixed with the chewy brownies making these Valentine’s day cupcakes taste out of this world.
Neapolitan cupcakes are a fun take on the normally chocolate covered strawberries that everyone gives and receives for Valentine’s day. Not to mention, much more affordable!
Ingredients Needed For This Valentine’s Day Neapolitan Cupcake Recipe:
- Package of brownie mix
- Vegetable oil
- Package of strawberry cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles (or your favorite for Valentine’s day)
How To Make This Valentine’s Day Neapolitan Cupcake Recipe:
To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin cups with paper liners. This recipe will make between 40-48 cupcakes.
Next, whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, ½ cup of vegetable oil, ¼ cup of water in a medium mixing bowl. Only do about 50 strokes or so, and then set it aside.
NOTE: You only want to mix until everything is just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter. Also if your cake mix and brownie mix ingredients are different on the box, use the amounts on the box.
Now, mix the cake mix, ½ vegetable oil, 1 cup of water, and 3 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Mix everything together with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are combined then turn it up to medium speed for about 2 minutes.
When that is done, spoon the brownie batter into the bottom of the muffin liners, filling each only about ⅓ of the way full.
After you have filled the liners with brownie batter, carefully scoop and place the cake mix over top of the brownie batter. Fill each liner until it is about ⅔ full.
Once all of the liners are filled with the brownie and cake batter, bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and spring back with lightly pressed on.
How To Make This Valentine’s Day Neapolitan Cupcake Frosting:
Using a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla extract.
Then, add in the milk to butter mixture, along with 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time.
Mix everything together until the frosting is light and fluffy.
Now, use the frosting to top off the cooled cupcakes and your favorite sprinkles. We like chocolate sprinkles!
To Make This Valentine’s Day Dessert You Will Need:
- Paper muffin/cupcake liners
- Medium mixing bowl (2) (THESE ones are great!)
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
Try it Without the Box
Have you ever tried to make brownies from scratch? They are surprisingly simple to do, and you probably have everything you need!
If you want to try this recipe out but don’t have a box of brownie mix, try making this homemade brownie recipe from Love and Lemons!
Related Recipe: Try our Instant Pot Melted Fondue for Dipping for another great Valentine’s Day Treat
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Get Creative With Cupcakes:
- Strawberry Nutella Cupcakes
- Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes
- Cherry Coca Cola Cupcakes Recipe
- Red Velvet Oreo Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Dulce De Leche Cupcakes
Valentine’s Day Neapolitan Cupcakes Recipe
- 18.4 ounces brownie mix 1 package
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- ¼ cup water
- 15.25 ounces strawberry cake mix 1 package
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate sprinkles (topping)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 40-48 muffin cups with paper liners (I only got about 40 cupcakes, but you may get more).
- Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl. Stir just until fully incorporated, about 50 strokes; set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup water, and 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/3 full. Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until muffin cups are each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cream together the butter shortening, and vanilla.
- Then add in milk and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Top with optional sprinkles.
- Cupcake Liners
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.