With Valentine’s day coming up all I can think about is all the fantastic red velvet desserts like these red velvet brownies with white chocolate buttercream frosting. They are the perfect holiday dessert!
Honestly, you will need to make plans to share these brownies with buttercream frosting or you will be tempted to eat them all yourself.
Plus it is such an easy cake mix recipe, that if you really wanted to, you could make it again and again. Talk about danger, especially for those of us that made New Year’s resolutions we’re trying to stick to!
Ingredients Needed For This Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe:
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
White Chocolate Buttercream:
- Vanilla extract
- White chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
How To Make This Red Velvet Brownies Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
Then, in a medium mixing bowl, combine together the egg, butter, and water.
Next, add in the box of brownie mix and stir everything together until all of the lumps are gone and well combined.
Now add in the chocolate chips and nuts to the brownie batter and pour it into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
Bake those in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
When they are done, let them cool for about 15 minutes and place the brownies on a wire cooling rack.
How To Make This White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
To make the frosting, cream the butter with a hand or stand mixer until it is soft and fluffy. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
Once it’s soft and fluffy add in the vanilla extract.
Now, with the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the powdered sugar about a ½ cup at a time, making sure the powdered sugar is completely combined before adding more.
After all of the powdered sugar has been added, beat it on medium speed for about 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about 30-second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth.
Add the melted white chocolate to the butter mixture, and beat it on a medium speed until it is well incorporated with the sugar mixture.
Once that is done, turn the mixer back to low and add in the heavy cream and beat the sugar mixture on a medium speed until you get the consistency you desire.
When the brownies are cooled, spread the frosting over top evenly.
To Make This Red Velvet Brownies Using Cake Mix You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan
- Nonstick spray
- Medium mixing bowl (2)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Hand or stand mixer (I love THIS one!)
Red Velvet From Scratch:
Like most things it is always nice to know how to make things from scratch. I love being about to say I made something from scratch.
If that is you and you want to make this recipe without using a box of red velvet cake mix, take a look at the red velvet cake mix recipe from Budget101.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today! Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More Fun Brownie Recipes You Need to Make:
- Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies Recipe
- Homemade S’mores Brownies Recipe
- Hershey’s Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- Samoa Brownies
- Almond Joy Brownies
Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Red Velvet Cake Mix 1 box
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine egg, butter, water in a bowl. Add box mix, stir until the ingredients are combined, and lumps are gone.
- Add chips and nuts, and pour mixture into the greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and place the brownies on wire cooling rack.
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes), then beat in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time; allow the sugar to mix in before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- Once all of the sugar has been added, beat on medium speed for 30 seconds and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the melted white chocolate and beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, add in heavy cream and beat at medium speed until the frosting has reached your desired consistency.
- If you don’t want to use a box mix cake, directions for homemade Red Velvet Cake Mix is above.
- When you add in the box of brownie mix, stir everything until lumps are gone and well combined.
- Make sure your mixer is on low speed when adding in the powdered sugar.
- Add about a ½ cup at a time.
- Make sure the powdered sugar is completely combined before adding more.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Hand or Stand Mixer