Chocolate lovers- this one is for you! The chocolate mixed with the gooey pink coconut layer tastes similar to an Almond Joy candy bar. You can change the color of your coconut layer to go along with any holiday- like pink for Valentine’s Day. 🙂
Serves: 24 people
Fudgy Coconut Valentine Brownies Recipe
Chocolate lovers- this one is for you! The chocolate mixed with the gooey pink coconut layer tastes similar to an Almond Joy candy bar.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- red food coloring a few drops
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 5 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and walnuts; add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine condensed milk, coconut and few drops of red food coloring; carefully spread over the hot chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned.
- Combine frosting ingredients until smooth; spread over warm bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting.
Calories: 317 kcal · Carbohydrates: 40 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 17 g · Saturated Fat: 9 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 51 mg · Sodium: 128 mg · Potassium: 155 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 34 g · Vitamin A: 362 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 70 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Questions & Reviews
Thanks for sharing the recipe.