I have to be honest. Green beans and I have never really gotten along. When we were little and eating dinner, our mom would “turn on the timer” when we refused to eat our food. Every time we had green beans, I always got the timer, which made me dislike them even more! I’ve been trying to eat a lot more vegetables, but I’ve been avoiding green beans! The other day, I made our balsamic asparagus, and I realized I could make it with green beans (and some mushrooms to make it a little more appealing). It turned out great!
Balsamic Green Beans and Mushrooms Recipe
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound fresh green beans with ends cut off
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (this makes for easy clean up).
- Spread mushrooms and green beans on the baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss with your hands to coat.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the beans have started to brown and soften.