Do you ever find yourself in a side dish rut? Maybe it is just me, but after I prepare a main dish, I seem to forget to make something to go with it! I was on the hunt for an easy vegetable side dish and hit the jackpot with this recipe!
Serves: 4 people
Sesame Green Beans Recipe
I was on the hunt for an easy vegetable side dish and hit the jackpot with this recipe!
- 1½ pounds green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- Place beans in a large saucepan or wok. Cover with 1/2 inch of water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a colander and run under cold water. Drain well.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Drizzle vegetable oil into your pan and rotate your pan to spread out your oil.
- Add sesame oil and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt and toss to coat evenly.
Calories: 124 kcal · Carbohydrates: 13 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 8 g · Saturated Fat: 4 g · Sodium: 15 mg · Potassium: 383 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 6 g · Vitamin A: 1248 IU · Vitamin C: 21 mg · Calcium: 103 mg · Iron: 2 mg