This Instant Pot homemade cranberry sauce recipe is the perfect addition to your holiday meals!
I would even say it is the perfect Thanksgiving Instant Pot recipe.
I love a good cranberry sauce, but making it on the stovetop can be time consuming, plus there might be a few other dishes that could be more important and need the space on the stove.
When you make this delicious cranberry sauce in the Instant Pot, not only will you be able to save time, but it will give you one less thing to monitor!
Does anyone else tend to forget things in the rush of making Thanksgiving dinner? Just me? Ha ha!
When it’s only a few of you for Thanksgiving you might be looking for a way to make turkey but not the whole bird, try this Instant Pot Turkey Breast recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe:
- Fresh cranberries
- 100% Orange Juice
- Pure maple syrup
How To Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe in the Instant Pot:
To begin making our homemade cranberry sauce, take out your Instant Pot and plug it in.
Next, place the fresh cranberries, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, and pure maple syrup into the inner pot and stir it all together.
Once you have everything in there, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Now, select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 7 minutes.
After the 7 minutes is up, let the Instant Pot do a NATURAL RELEASE of the pressure (aka do nothing!). This should take about 10-15 minutes.
Once all of the pressure has been released from the inner pot (you’ll be able to tell when the pin drops down) then remove the lid.
Take a large spoon and move the cranberry sauce into an airtight container, but be careful as the sauce will be VERY HOT.
After all of the sauce has been moved to the container, put the lid on, and store it in the fridge until you are ready to eat it.
NOTE: As the sauce cools down it will begin to thicken up, so do not worry if yours is still pretty liquidy when you’re putting it in the container.
Want more cranberry recipes?! Try our Fluffy Cranberry Salad!
Looking for more side dishes? Here are 60 of our favorite Christmas Dinner Sides to eat with Beef Tenderloin!
Items you will need for cranberry sauce made with orange juice:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Large spoon
- Airtight container
Will The Cranberry Sauce Will Be Bitter?
Cranberries themselves are naturally bitter.
By adding in the maple syrup and sugar this recipe is able to counter act the bitterness of the cranberries, making it the perfect topping for your turkey!
Since this is such an easy Instant Pot recipe, you might just have time to make your own orange juice for this recipe. If you have not made your own before, take a look at this fresh orange juice recipe and simply swap your homemade orange juice with store bought juice.
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Complete your Thanksgiving meal with our favorite dishes:
- The BEST Thanksgiving Turkey
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Grandma’s Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- How To Make Turkey Gravy From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Fluffy Cranberry Salad
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Turkey Cranberry Spinach Casserole
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup 100% orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to the inside of the Instant Pot and mix together.
- Place the lid on top and lock into place. Turn the valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL (or Pressure Cook). Set the time for 7 minutes.
- When cooking ends, do a NATURAL RELEASE of the pressure (will take 10-15 minutes).
- Remove the lid.
- Spoon the sauce into a bowl and chill until ready to serve. The sauce will continue to thicken up as it cools.
- You could make this the day before and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- As the sauce cools down it will begin to thicken up, so do not worry if yours is still pretty liquid-y when you’re putting it in the container.
- Cranberries themselves are naturally bitter. But by adding in the maple syrup and sugar this recipe is able to counteract the bitterness of the cranberries. Making it the perfect dressing for your turkey!
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.