These Loaded Baked Potato Skins make the PERFECT side dish or appetizer, with no deep-frying needed.
How to Bake Potatoes in the Microwave
The first step for these Loaded Baked Potato Skins requires already baked potatoes. We’ve shared our method of baking them in the oven below, but have you ever tried baking them in the microwave?
This method is perfect when you’re short on time, or simply don’t want to wait an hour for your potatoes to cook. These can be done in 10 minutes and guarantee perfectly “baked” potatoes every single time.
Here’s how you do it:
- Scrub the potato, and prick several time with the tines of a fork. Place on a plate microwave safe plate.
- Cook on full power in the microwave for 5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- When the potato is soft, remove from the microwave, and cut in half lengthwise.
Related recipe: love all the potato recipes? Try our delicious Twice Baked Potato Casserole!
How to Bake Potatoes in the Oven
If you’re wanting to bake potatoes the old fashioned way, here are some simple instructions on baking them in your oven!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Pierce the potato 2-3 times with a fork.
- Rub oil all over the potatoes.
- Rub salt all over the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
Meal Planning Made Easy
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered.
With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.
Available on iOs, Google Play Store, and Desktop!
Recipes Using the Middle of Baked Potatoes
After you bake your potatoes, you’ll need to scrape out the middle. We’re all about using every part of the food and not wasting perfectly good potatoes.
Here are a few recipes you could use your potato middles for:
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE bacon. But the smell of bacon lingering in my house all day is not something I’m a fan of.
We’ve found a great way to avoid the mess of splashing grease and a smelly house by baking it in the oven! You can cook a ton of pieces at once, making this method much faster with easy to no cleanup.
Here’s how you do it:
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Then place 2 wire racks on the foil. We used baking cooling racks.
- Arrange the bacon slices on the racks.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until crispy.
If you thought this was easy, be sure to check out our delicious Brown Sugar and Black Pepper Bacon using this method!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
What to serve with Loaded Potato Skins
Here are a few main dishes to serve with your side of loaded potato skins:
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Moms Sizzlin Steak Marinade
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Homemade Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Loaded Baked Potato Skins Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes (baked)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4" shell (discard pulp, or reserve for another recipe).
- Place potatoes skins on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake for 7 minutes; turn over and bake about 7 minutes more. Bake until crisp.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Baking Sheet
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re showing you how to make TGIFriday’s Loaded Baked Potato Skins!