Our mom used to have a snack ready and waiting for us everyday when we got home from school. It was always the best part of the day. These pizza rolls always take me back to those days, but now we’ve even served them for dinner!
These would make a great game day treat, too. Fill them with your favorite pizza toppings to please even your pickiest eaters (but who doesn’t love pepperoni pizza?!)
Homemade Pizza Dough vs Store bought
We’re all about easy at our house! We love using Pillsbury Pizza Dough for this recipe, but a homemade pizza dough works too!
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pizza crust. It should come with two in each roll.
Season each crust with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. We like to sprinkle ours with a little bit of parmesan cheese too!
Sprinkle one cup of shredded Mozzarella onto each crust.
Top each crust with 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni or mini pepperonis.
Roll up each crust into a tight log, don’t worry about getting the perfect roll, you really can’t mess these up!
Slice into 1 inch sections with a knife or pizza cutter. We’ve also used plain (not the minty flavored!) floss to cut these, again it’s pretty hard to mess up. If the knife smashes them a little just reform them into circles.
Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. For easiest clean up, we line our pan in foil and grease the foil.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust begins to golden.
Serve with marinara sauce for dipping, or ranch!
What to serve with Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Making it a meal? Here are a few things you could serve with your Pepperoni Pizza Rolls!
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 2 (13.8 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza crust dough
- garlic salt, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup mini pepperonis divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 14 ounces pizza sauce 1 jar, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pizza crust.
- Season each crust with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle one cup of shredded Mozzarella onto each crust.
- Top each crust with 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni.
- Roll up each crust into a tight log.
- Slice into 1 inch sections with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Roll up the dough from the long end
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet