Growing up in Utah, you would think that I was used to cold weather. Without fail, when January comes around I am looking at flights to find somewhere warm to go!
The one thing I love about chilly winter weather, is staying home and enjoying a nice hot bowl of soup.
My kids are really picky when it comes to eating soup, so thicker, creamier soups are always a safe bet in my house.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup had the perfect consistency and was so filling. My kids absolutely loved it and couldn’t get enough of the cheese tortellini.
RELATED RECIPE: BE SURE TO TRY OUR EASY AND DELICIOUS HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE.
Check out these Fall Favorites
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup:
I love using my slow cooker to make soup because it does all the work for me!
This recipe only has 6 ingredients and was so delicious. The best part of this recipe is that you can just throw everything in your slow cooker and in a few hours you have a tasty dinner waiting for you!
To make this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup you will need:
- a 6-quart slow cooker
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
I started by spraying my slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray then I laid my 3 frozen chicken breasts on the bottom and seasoned them with salt and pepper, to taste.
I topped my chicken with undrained cans of diced tomatoes, frozen cheese tortellini and baby spinach.
I cut my cream cheese into cubes and spread it out evenly on top of the spinach.
I poured the vegetable broth over the top of everything, placed the lid on top and cooked on low for 6-8 hours.
After 6-8 hours, I removed the chicken from the slow cooker and shredded it then placed it back in the slow cooker.
Mix everything together until the cream cheese is completely incorporated and everything is well combined.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
The best slow cooker soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup
- Slow Cooker Healthy Chicken Fajita Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Minestrone Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 19 ounces Italian-style Petite Diced Tomatoes 2 (14.5 ounce cans), do not drain
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini 1 package
- 6 ounces baby spinach 1 bag
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with undrained cans of diced tomatoes, tortellini, and baby spinach.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and spread out evenly on top of spinach.
- Pour vegetable broth over the top.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once it is done cooking, remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cut into bite-size pieces.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated and serve.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Our Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is full of flavor and so easy to make. Watch the video below to see how simple it is to throw together!