This soup is hearty and delicious. If you want to make it vegetarian friendly, omit the ground beef and swap out the beef stock for vegetable broth.
Serve it with some Homemade French Bread and you have the perfect meal.
You will also love our Slow Cooker Beef Stew. It’s a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
how to make slow cooker beef minestrone soup
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef until completely cooked.
- Place your ground beef, diced tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into your slow cooker.
- Add in beef stock, water, and tomato juice.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- After cooking time is up, add in red kidney beans, cannellini beans, zucchini, green beans and pasta, and cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
How to cook Minestrone Soup in the Instant Pot
Now the Instant pot is going to be a little bit different because the recipe is just a little too big for my 6 quart instant pot! So here are the things to change from the original recipe:
1. Instead of adding all 4 cups of beef broth, only add 2 before it cooks! When it is done pressuring and cooking, go ahead and all the other 2 cups of beef broth in.
2. Completely omit the 3 cups of water. I feel it gives it more flavor and makes it more of a chunky soup!
3. You are going to add EVERYTHING into your pressure cooker at once.
1 pound lean ground beef (pre cooked)
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes
2 cups carrots, chopped
2 cups potatoes, chopped
1 ½ cups celery, chopped
1 yellow onion, diced
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 cups beef stock (add 2 in at first, then 2 when it is done cooking)
3 cups tomato juice
1 can (15 ounce) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounce) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cups zucchini, diced
1 cup tubular (ditalini) pasta, uncooked
1 can (15 ounce) green beans, drained
Put it in your pressure cooker and push the manual button or pressure cook button for 6 minutes.
When it is done, let it release on its own for about 15 minutes and then turn the knob to venting.
Add 2 more cups of beef broth and serve with salt and pepper if desired.
could I used ground turkey or another type of beef?
I don’t know about you, but all the different types of beef can be a little overwhelming at the store. It gets a little frustrating looking at all of them and they all look slightly different, but the meat could make or break dinner.
If you are anything like me, you need exact names. Here are a few different types of beef I have used in this recipe, and they all tasted amazing.
- Lean Ground Beef. Ground Beef is definitely preferred in this recipe I go for as lean of ground beef as the store offers. Many stores carry ground beef that is 80 percent lean 20 percent fat. I always try to find a beef that is 10 percent fat, or lower.
- Ground Turkey. If you are looking for a lighter option, you could also use a ground turkey.
- Stew Beef. Many beef packages will say right on them, a stew beef. We also recommend using a boneless chuck roast.
looking for more healthy meals?
If you are looking for lightened up versions of your favorite recipes, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan where we email you 6 dinners, 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert each week!
And if you need help losing weight and still want to eat delicious food that your family will love, be sure to check out our 1500 Calorie 14-Day Eating Plan for Busy Moms!
Have you seen our YouTube channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes your family will love. Each recipe is tried and true so you know your family will love it.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make our favorite, Disneyland Enchilada Soup, here:
looking for more soup recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!