Cold winter days call for warm hearty soups!
My husband only considers soup a main dish when it is loaded and this one fits the bill perfectly.
All the goodness of a bacon cheeseburger in a delicious chowder – soup will never be the same.
Related Recipe: If you like this amazing soup, you’ll love our Turkey Sausage Lasagna Soup Recipe.
Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 12 ounce package Velveeta cheese cubed
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- In a large stockpot, cook beef, onion and red pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink (about 6-8 minutes).
- Drain grease and add in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Slowly stir in milk, then add in potatoes, water, and bouillon granules; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Ladle into bowls and top each bowl of soup with crumbled bacon.
Recipe inspired by Taste of Home