I have never had a chili I didn’t like, but this is by far my favorite.
It is so easy to just throw everything together in a slow cooker, and a few hours later, dinner is done. We are obsessed with this delicious and healthy Turkey Chipotle Chili.
You can add or take out vegetables to please your family, but it’s a great way to sneak em in.
Everyone loved this recipe, I usually have a few critics but everyone ate their entire bowl of chili. This is the perfect family dinner, especially if you have picky eaters in your household.
Don’t let the name fool you, this chili isn’t very spicy. It’s just the right amount of flavor and spice, but not anything that will have your mouth burning.
could i make this recipe in a stock pot instead of a slow cooker?
You most definitely can make this dish in a stock pot instead of a slow cooker. Here is how I would make it:
Step 1: Place your stock pot over medium high heat. Salute your red onions, carrots and bell peppers in about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
Make sure your carrots are thinly sliced, or in small bits.
Step 2: Add your ground turkey, and let it brown with the red onion, carrots, and bell peppers. Brown until there is no pink left, and the turkey is cooked all the way through.
Step 3: Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and chili seasoning, and mix in with the veggies and ground turkey.
Step 4: Add your zucchini, corn, tomatoes, beans, chipotle peppers, and the rest of the chicken stock. Also add your salt and pepper at this time.
The recipe also calls for your beans to be drained. This is important that you rinse and drain them before adding them. Especially if you are using black beans, the soup will be a dark and unattractive color.
Step 5: Stir in your stock pot until all the ingredients are well combined. Cover your stock pot with a lid, and let all the vegetables and flavor come together for about 30 minutes.
Let it come to a boil, and remain at a boil for at least 10 minutes.
Step 6: Taste throughout cooking and adjust salt and pepper levels to your desire. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped scallions and enjoy.
could i make this recipe with ground beef?
You could most definitely make this recipe, with ground beef instead of ground turkey. Once the meat is all cooked into the soup, you won’t be able to taste the difference, but you could most definitely change them.
Nothing in the recipe would need to be changed, however, I would recommend rinsing and draining your beef, just to get rid of extra grease or fat that will be cooked out of your ground beef when you saute it.
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We created it, specifically with you in mind. We are all about making our recipes easy for you, so we decided to show you how to make each one.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it, even the pickiest eaters.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you what to do at each part.
looking for more chili recipes?
- Mom’s Slow Cooker Chili
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Shepherds Pie Chili
- Southwest Ground Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili
Turkey and Chipotle Chili Recipe
- 4 cups ground turkey (light or dark meat, both work great)
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet chili seasoning
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (12 ounce) can chipotle peppers (depending on how spicy you want it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 scallions diced
- Put slow cooker on high and add red onion, carrots and bell pepper.
- Then put the turkey on top of the veggies.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and chili seasoning and mix into the turkey meat.
- Cover with zucchini, corn, tomatoes, beans, chipotle peppers, the remainder of your chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in your slow cooker until combined.
- Cover slow cooker and let the chili cook for at least 4 hours on high, or 10 hours on low.
- Taste throughout cooking and adjust salt and pepper levels to your desire.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped scallions and enjoy!
- Slow Cooker
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!