It has been raining here off an on for the last few days and it just makes me want to cuddle up, watch some Netflix, and eat warm, wonderful foods. I love Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana – and I found this variation on it that I just had to try (especially because it was in the slow cooker!). It’s really easy to just throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it simmer all day until your ready to eat! It makes the whole house smell delicious. Plus, because this soup is broth-based and not cream-based, there are a lot less calories!
Looking for easy side dishes for your soup? Try these:
Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup Recipe
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 15 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rosemary to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- In your crockpot, combine the onion, pepper, chicken, beans, broth, paste, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add rosemary and spinach and let it simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slow Cooker
Recipe adapted from: MyRecipes
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE!
You can pre-order our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook TODAY for only $13.59!
This book is due to be released on September 30, so grab this deal while you can (regularly $19.99).
Get the book HERE!
This book is loaded with all of our Christmas favorites- cookies, fudge, dinners, neighbor gifts, decorations, traditions, ideas for service, and of course Christmas morning breakfast. 🙂 We LOVE the holidays and can’t wait to share them with you!