This soup is so flavorful and filling! I made it earlier this week and my family is already begging for another batch of it! If you love traditional chicken parmesan, you are going to love this soup!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
10 minPrep Time
7 hrCook Time
7 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta, cooked and drained
- fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth, onion, green pepper, zucchini, cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, then place shredded chicken back into slow cooker.
- Add cooked pasta to slow cooker and mix together.
- Serve with additional shredded parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Six Sisters Stuff